Buicks and the Great Outdoors - Camping and Trailering

MrEarl

Oh man...you could have accepted the plaque for the next forum exchange....

Good to see things are functioning, if not perfectly and that you’re able to get Chiquita, I mean Belle out to Buick Pointe.

I don’t remember seeing an email about the Rascals hits...that’s a bunch of characters there 😜

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 10:40 PM, RivNut said:

* Make sure you turn up the volume during the drum solo

** Just don't limit yourselves to Sunday afternoons

I've listened to that song and never heard the drum solo.  It must happen after the first 59:00 when I pull the tape out.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:50 AM, Elpad said:

B195C2C3-5E8C-482A-BF3F-78900274F280.jpeg

I believe this pick is taken at the Canadian National train station in Vancouver. Building is still there, but signage is changed to "Pacific Central".  Still a train station with both Via Rail and Amtrak running trains, but now includes a bus station.   I'll see if I can get the Electra down there for a similar picture (although all those small trees you see in the background are now huge!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 9:51 AM, dmfconsult said:

I believe this pick is taken at the Canadian National train station in Vancouver. Building is still there, but signage is changed to "Pacific Central".  Still a train station with both Via Rail and Amtrak running trains, but now includes a bus station.   I'll see if I can get the Electra down there for a similar picture (although all those small trees you see in the background are now huge!

Since I wasn’t trailering anything I’ll keep this short. Here’s a modern day picture of the same train station. Can’t take a shot from the same perspective as before as that road is a major thoroughfare now without parking, there is an elevated light rail system and the trees are very large. If you look in the background, you’ll see a red 63 Stude Lark Daytona and some other old cars including an old GM bus. Looks like they are getting ready to shoot a TV show or Movie. 

00CDC638-5ACF-4B9F-AD7B-06B8253904B7.jpeg

14280630-A979-403B-ABBF-7FCFF115C713.jpeg

Edited by dmfconsult (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Took a two hour trip over hill and dale of SR 72 to Lake Greenwood over the Labor Day weekend and joined extended family for a great time. The highlights being acting a fool with my grand daughter Etta and visiting Ninety Six and learning some Revolutionary war history. The wagon performed exceptionally well, pulling the steep grade hills with ease. 

3FD08423-2C75-4AC3-9F0C-84AD4572575A.thumb.jpeg.c2195c7adb54bbc4f95cc3e35f71c745.jpeg

an an old gas station along the way 

378517EC-797B-4652-A567-1D50ED1D0307.thumb.jpeg.18861068c15d455e8624332028cbac1a.jpeg

• Like 11

6 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Did surprisingly well on the long steep grades. Smoked the AC fan connection about 1/3 into the trip so gas mileage was up to about 8.5. 

I got a gut feeling she would perform well. You put a lot of time, effort and cash into this purpose built Buick. The AC could not take the heat huh?  8.5 mpg is respectable when pulling a barn.  The pictures look great. It looks like a good time was had by all. Making memories and enjoying the experience. Good show! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...