One dozen Roadmaster wagons for sale. Not mine

Paul from PA

How common were Roadmaster station wagons without the

woodgrained sides?  I almost never see any like that, yet there's

a maroon one in the sale (which you pictured above) with no woodgrain.

I assume one could order the Roadmaster with "woodgrain-delete." 

Since Craig's List ads have short lives, here is the text

of the ad, and contact information, repeated for everyone's convenience:

"12 Buick Roadmaster wagons 1992 - 1996 $550 each must be sold at a package $6,600 for all 12.... Most Vehicles can be put back on the road with minor work and others will be used strictly as parts cars... The Roadmaster wagons were used for advertising and most have advertising graphics on them... All the vehicles are in a storage lot and must be removed (towed or hauled away) no vehicles have current inspections.... Most vehicles have leather interiors, power windows, air conditioning ..loaded.... THIS IS EXCEPTIONAL BARGAIN FOR A DEALER OR COLLECTOR ....AGAIN ...ALL VEHICLES MUST BE SOLD IN A PACKAGE DO NOT ASK TO BUY INDIVIDUAL VEHICLES.... Call 570-601-7248... To schedule an appointment to inspect..."

17 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

How common were Roadmaster station wagons without the

woodgrained sides?  I almost never see any like that, yet there's

a maroon one in the sale (which you pictured above) with no woodgrain.

I assume one could order the Roadmaster with "woodgrain-delete." 

Since Craig's List ads have short lives, here is the text

of the ad, and contact information, repeated for everyone's convenience:

"12 Buick Roadmaster wagons 1992 - 1996 $550 each must be sold at a package $6,600 for all 12.... Most Vehicles can be put back on the road with minor work and others will be used strictly as parts cars... The Roadmaster wagons were used for advertising and most have advertising graphics on them... All the vehicles are in a storage lot and must be removed (towed or hauled away) no vehicles have current inspections.... Most vehicles have leather interiors, power windows, air conditioning ..loaded.... THIS IS EXCEPTIONAL BARGAIN FOR A DEALER OR COLLECTOR ....AGAIN ...ALL VEHICLES MUST BE SOLD IN A PACKAGE DO NOT ASK TO BUY INDIVIDUAL VEHICLES.... Call 570-601-7248... To schedule an appointment to inspect..."

There was a delete option for the wood grain.  My '94 does not have wood grain and that was one of the things that attracted me to it. 

Sadly , Imperial62, may be somewhat correct . Having to purchase as a lot makes them more likely to become parts cars in a salvage yard. Just my opinion on that.

Loren@65GS.com

3 hours ago, Imperial62 said:

The ad is obviously deceptive. 

can you expand on that, what part is deceptive?  Signed, Gullible and Naive

13 minutes ago, hupplifer said:

Having to purchase as a lot makes them more likely to become parts cars in a salvage yard.

and with all of this generation of Roadmasters still on the road, would that necessarily be a bad thing. If they were close to some enterprising young Buick enthusiast who had property not governed too strictly by ordinances, they could become some good money makers over the next 10 or so years.

5 hours ago, MrEarl said:

and with all of this generation of Roadmasters still on the road, would that necessarily be a bad thing. If they were close to some enterprising young Buick enthusiast who had property not governed too strictly by ordinances, they could become some good money makers over the next 10 or so years.

Not a bad thing at all.  In fact I am in need of a driver door arm rest. Unfortunately, the '96 parts car I have is missing that.

Loren@65GS.com

This seller is knocking himself in  the head by refusing to sell the cars individually, and probably consigning these cars to the local salvage yard by insisting on this. Transportation will be the killer for any buyer more than 50 miles away, and how many people have the available storage space for 12 large cars all at once? Almost anyone can come up with $500 to buy an old Buick, but $12,000?!  Am afraid Imperial62 is right.

• Like 1