Does this sound familiar? (Humor)

victorialynn2

25 minutes ago, Grimy said:

VL2, very nice photo!  I wasn't referring to YOUR RE advertising photos, not that I've ever seen one.  But I was married to a broker-associate for too long....

You are so right. It is an industry thing. As a title rep I offered on site photo days for realtors to get updated photos at a good price. ;) I chose my profile pic because it has an old wheel in it. I had no idea I'd be the only one on the forum with a pic of myself and not a car or something else. LOL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

She helps me deal with the pain of saying goodbye to my father so slowly. I don't talk about him much because it's too hard.

It put a big old smile on my face to drive her and I think he would be happy I'm having her taken care of. Just washing and detailing her brings back good memories and is like having a little piece of him back. This is much more than a car to me. 

I am so very grateful for Jack's help and to everyone who has helped me deal with my father's situation. 

That is what makes the hobby/industry/trade so special. 

• Like 2

Jack M - I had a name of a shop that works on these retractable hard tops in San Diego.  I've been told he knows them very well and has parts for them.  I will see if I can dig it up again.  The fellow does all kinds of work on  T-Birds mainly as there are not a lot of these left.  If I find it I will PM you and VL2.  Dave S 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SC38DLS said:

Jack M - I had a name of a shop that works on these retractable hard tops in San Diego.  I've been told he knows them very well and has parts for them.  I will see if I can dig it up again.  The fellow does all kinds of work on  T-Birds mainly as there are not a lot of these left.  If I find it I will PM you and VL2.  Dave S 

Thanks. I got ahold of a "technical advisor" from the Skyliner forum and sent his number to Jack. He is on the east coast but it would be great to have another source especially if I had to bring it to someone.   

Guest BillP

Speaking of Dad's car, my avatar truck was my Dad's for 20+ years. It had only about 7,000 miles on it when he got it. It had sat out and alligatored the paint so he frame-off restored. It won a barn full of trophies in its day. Now has about 20,000 miles, I've had it for maybe 15 years. It's a tangible link to my Dad. 

No thread hijack intended, now back to your regularly scheduled program. 

6 minutes ago, BillP said:

Speaking of Dad's car, my avatar truck was my Dad's for 20+ years. It had only about 7,000 miles on it when he got it. It had sat out and alligatored the paint so he frame-off restored. It won a barn full of trophies in its day. Now has about 20,000 miles, I've had it for maybe 15 years. It's a tangible link to my Dad. 

No thread hijack intended, now back to your regularly scheduled program. 

That's a cool story. I am amazed at how old cars are like songs when it comes to bringing back memories.

5 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

I took a look at that forum and couldn't find an advisor. Is it John Bush?

Bernie

Wayne Rollins under "Contact Us", not "Chapters". I saw a post in their forum for someone else who suggested his help, so I called him. This was after no luck posting and trying to email the NW guy, whose email came back. 

These are both John's and he has another. He lives two blocks from me and, like me, knows everything. Must be the Lake water. I can channel to him when the moon is right.

f0095.thumb.JPG.c92fcbcd44b032cd489e81bb41e5a78d.JPG

I am being tempted by a '59 T-Bird convertible AT THIS MOMENT. And I have worked on the Lincoln tops. I am thinking about buying one on the Lincolns just to make a solid state reray module.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

These are both John's and he has another. He lives two blocks from me and, like me, knows everything. Must be the Lake water. I can channel to him when the moon is right.

f0095.thumb.JPG.c92fcbcd44b032cd489e81bb41e5a78d.JPG

I am being tempted by a '59 T-Bird convertible AT THIS MOMENT. And I have worked on the Lincoln tops. I am thinking about buying one on the Lincolns just to make a solid state reray module.

Bernie

Awesome. Could you or he be a resource for Jack to speak with? If so, do you have his contact info? 

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)