Beemon

Me and my beautiful 1956 Buick

I'm adding to the wishlist here. Holley/MSD just recently came out with a coil-on-plug driver system that uses their distributors with a blank cap. I think having two LS coils on each side of the valve cover breather with some type of throttle body injection would really wake this old 322 up. I guess if you take the MSD nailhead distributor and gut it with replacement hall effect stuff on the inside, all the billet bases are the same so you just throw the blank cap on there. Then you can have either one of their Sniper units or a stand alone coil driver fire the plugs with a programmable map.

I think I've just about given up on doing dual quads at some point. The air cleaner really completes the engine and I just think it would look silly without it. I thought about the Chevy/Cadillac/HEMI dual quad air cleaner but there's no guarantee it will fit and its pretty massive. I think the only thing that would cause me to give up the original air cleaner would be a McCulloch supercharger setup, but good luck finding one of those.

• Like 1

I went home for the weekend to see my wife and make an appearance at a Halloween party. Of course my real motive was to see the Buick...

If you recall, my antenna is was inoperable after the car came out of the restoration shop. I didn't really have much time to look the car over since I picked it up and left for school on the same day. After taking a second look, all I can really say is that I'm disappointed. To start, I examined the antenna. The leads were ripped out of the switch when removed, and the aluminum coil for the nylon cable to go into has been broken off. I think the motor is still operable, but I am beyond disappointed, especially with how rare a working original power antenna is. I'm hoping, because I did not have time to remove it, that the damage is repairable. I can resolder, crimp, whatever wires back together, but the nylon cable is ripped out of the bottom of the antenna mast (after I had already JB welded it back together). 

Then I started looking. They installed the starter relay with self tapping screws into the inner fender and not where it was originally bolted down. They also did not put the bottom bolt through the inner fender to the outer fender behind the wheel. The bolts they used to fasten the outer fender to the body at the bottom were also loose. Then all the bolts that went to the inner fender that was replaced were also loose. It is a rushed mess altogether.

I feel I am partially responsible given the short time frame, but they did assure me it would be done to the best of their ability. 

I honestly cannot wait to be in industry after this final semester to start building my own garage. I am like a broken record at this point, but I literally cannot find any honest professionals around. Its like a curse. Even when I do research and look at prior work. Maybe my expectations are too high? I am grateful the car is done, but the "premiums" that came after the insurance company paid out didn't sit right with me either.

76762569_535814307237460_1561187566617624576_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQlWkw6C01_rgdlwNDNhd8W4ZQctK23bRad0dxfoNn233F8EtTocuj2H5uqVu7M06zQ&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=70d3502f9a949e6a4358487872a7a68a&oe=5E4DB375

74205635_460883201189134_996725432520802304_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQnYF-FEUmBL_u90YEvv-2XZxAiiMGfqjfyGHhQtXCq2Yd5_ovc7lAc62QIcbWXarp0&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=68b528d6b8640101ac509606a2fdf418&oe=5E1BE16D

I don't know if you can see this, but the skinny part if you follow the loop is the actual nylon cable exposed. The thicker part is the aluminum coil that is supposed to be attached to the motor top. 

74399588_728775130939720_1372057865694478336_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQkf3TSqh3ygIDemEUVR9_7fGpcKQAFyVnb55-SFSA1YvDBroIs4CaeteDZFbgefD-0&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=f8176a5b79609072a32d04727208d5c4&oe=5E566F32

Also unrelated but here's the light show coming from my Generator. Looks like I'll be moving towards an alternator full time since I can't keep buying these things. I don't understand why I burn through these so quickly, I follow the shop manual to a T when adjusting the voltage regulator and its outputting the correct amount. All I can think of is foreign contaminant since they didn't really cover the engine bay when they did their work - its covered in dust and other crap.

• Sad 2

Ouch man I'm sorry... If you want I've got two pretty fresh rebuilt gens  that I did actually use and they both worked fine before switching to the power Gen.. You can have for the cost of shipping.. Although they are heavy...

• Like 1

I might take you up on that. I only had a day with it, but I'll be heading back for the weekend of the 11th so start digging into things hopefully, if not then Thanksgiving week.

• Like 1

Hell I think I still have the output test on the Wilson one.. That one I ran for a year before converting.. The other one is a beck arnley that was on the car when I got it.. Drove it for a few years with that one.. Swapped it out for the Wilson one cause I thought it was making noise.. It wasn't lol.. They're just sitting around

I might be able to help with power antenna parts...  Let me know.

• Like 1