51 Kaiser Deluxe with 53 trim?

I'm new to Kaiser but am excited to get this one running and see what these cars are all about.  I'm a little confused as to what I have though. Its titled as a 1951 deluxe and has a 5124 body number.

I'm guessing when it was repainted from maroon to green years ago, someone updated the trim.  Can anyone tell me what's correct and what isn't?  It has the '51 split window and parking lights, but 53-54 bumpers and taillights. Or were any of these features optional on the '51? Does anything else look out of place?

The car was purchased in CA in 1981 and stored from then until just recently. There's a note from a former owner to his mechanic in the glovebox.  "When you change the oil, please check the back rod bearing - it sounds a little noisy.  Also the overdrive doesn't engage, it just freewheels.  When you open the hood, use the prop rod in the backseat - its heavy and the springs don't hold it up. When you close the hood hold onto the little latch so it doesn't break".  

What a thoughtful owner!  Judging by the addresses on various receipts and envelopes in the car,  It seems that he lost interest shortly after writing that note and sold it to someone in Ohio.  I haven't tried to get it running yet - maybe those rod bearings were bad after all and he gave up on the car. Wouldn't that be a surprise!?

IMG_0260.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_9974.JPG

IMG_9977.JPG

first,  goto  kfclub.com and  goto the forum sub site

post your questions with pics, especially the data plate

you will get all you need, including parts, from the many age-old Kaiser experts

finally, joint the Kaiser Frazer Owners Club International for continuing access to info/parts via the monthly bulletin

I checked our club registry and the car is not listed. So, I encourage you to add it by going to this website:

https://eskimo.com/~hhagen/reg/reg.htm

About your car, it does look like someone took a few liberties and added parts from other years. The front bumper bridge and bullets as well as the headlight doors are from a 1953 Kaiser. The same holds true for the rear fender spears, tail lights and bumper - bridge and bullets too. The hood ornament and 'V' are also from a 53.

Two door Kaisers are not common and one that appears to be free of major rust is even more rare.

I attended Sunday's auction and saw the car on a trailer in a nearby parking lot. I thought it looked pretty good.

Our club site - www.kfclub.com

• 3 weeks later...

Ask on the kaiser site. A lot of old car guys have that stuff..

Brazil

Willys-Overland established its Brazilian operations in 1953, just before the Kaiser-Frazer takeover.[17] The tooling for the Aero went to Brazil, where it entered production in 1960. In 1956–1957, Brazil's Executive Group for the Automotive Industry (GEIA) had approved Willys-Overland for production of the Aero, the Willys MB Jeep, a truck version of the Jeep called the Rural, and the French Renault Dauphine small car.[18] Also, an abortive plan was made to create a company called Chrysler-Willys do Brasil SA to build the 1956 Plymouth Savoy and a Dodge truck there,[18] in the hope of taking advantage of Willys' "Brazilian-made" credentials.[19] Willys went through considerable effort to appear as a Brazilian company, even selling a large portion of their company to Brazilian stockholders to forestall a possible nationalist backlash, and to become eligible for various government incentives.[20]

The little tail-engined Dauphine was a result of Kaiser's Renault connection, and was produced by Willys do Brasil from 1959 until 1968. Willys-Overland was one of the first companies to enter the Brazilian passenger automobile market, and their early entry originally paid off, with sales spiking in 1954 when Willys became the number-one selling car.[21] Being distributed by the family of Getúlio Vargas' closest advisor Osvaldo Aranha also helped, and Willys-Overland reached a 52% share of Brazilian passenger car production in 1959.[22] Willys held a market share of around 30% in Brazil from 1960 until 1966, its last full year as an independent, mostly Brazilian-owned company.[23]

Willys entered the Brazilian market in the hope of offsetting their shrinking market and losses at home. However, unlike in the case of the Argentinian Kaiser operations, which were essentially developed around hand-me-downs, Willys built a very modern plant from the ground up in Brazil.[21] The original promise was to build cars for export back to the United States, but such a situation never materialized.[24] However, by late 1961, Brazilian-built Willys Jeeps began to be exported to Chile.[25] Willys expanded into Brazil's impoverished northeast in the early 1960s, when they built an assembly plant for the Jeep and Rural in the state of Pernambuco.[26]

In 1962, Willys started building the French Alpine A108 as the Willys Interlagos. It was produced until 1966 and was the first Brazilian-made sports car.[27] It was also the car in which many Brazilian racers cut their teeth, including greats such as Emerson Fittipaldi. Willys also designed and showed a larger sports car called the "Capeta" (Devil) in 1964, powered by the 2.6-litre six-cylinder Aero engine.[27] In 1965, Willys Overland do Brasil and Renault began collaborating on a new front-wheel drive car, called "Project M" and meant to replace the aging Dauphine. Developed in parallel with the Renault 12, which it antedated, the car eventually saw light as the Ford Corcel.[28] Early Corcels had "Willys" stamping in the glass, and the Corcel line (which continued in production until 1997 as the Ford Pampa) always showed its French origins in its characteristic three-bolt wheels. In 1967, Ford took a controlling interest in Kaiser and thereby gained control of Willys-Overland do Brasil.[29]

The Aero-based Itamaraty continued in production until the early 1970s, in latter years wearing "Ford" badges. Dauphine production ended in 1968, but the Willys Ru

ral/Pickup and its derivatives were built as the Ford F-75 until 1983. The only visual difference is that the post-1970 cars have a tailgate with "Ford" rather than "Jeep" stamped in it.[30] The military version of the Jeep Pickup was called the F-85.

Legacy

Guest juvenal murilo
On 28/08/2017 at 6:46 AM, juvenal murilo said:

Também preciso das borrachas no vidro da porta, obrigado

IMG_20170808_083749044 (1).jpg

IMG_20170705_154229070_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170705_154211542 (1).jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest juvenal murilo

I want tires with white stripe 590-15 for my (henry j) know where has the low price or used for sale? thank you

On 8/7/2017 at 10:08 PM, jimkf said:

I checked our club registry and the car is not listed. So, I encourage you to add it by going to this website:

https://eskimo.com/~hhagen/reg/reg.htm

About your car, it does look like someone took a few liberties and added parts from other years. The front bumper bridge and bullets as well as the headlight doors are from a 1953 Kaiser. The same holds true for the rear fender spears, tail lights and bumper - bridge and bullets too. The hood ornament and 'V' are also from a 53.

Two door Kaisers are not common and one that appears to be free of major rust is even more rare.

I attended Sunday's auction and saw the car on a trailer in a nearby parking lot. I thought it looked pretty good.

Our club site - www.kfclub.com

So sorry, I didn't get any notifications that there had been replies to my post and am just now checking in.

Yes, its one of Ron's cars. I also got a 25 Studebaker Duplex, an old power wagon parts truck and a big Minneapolis Moline tractor.  I'm in Cincinnati, so they haven't gone too far from home.  In fact there are a few other Hackenberger cars that popped up on local Craigslist and Ebay...Seems like most of us overpaid but I think I did ok on the Kaiser.  Hopefully when things slow down this fall I can spend some time on the mechanicals. 

Speaking of Henry Js, there were 4 or 5 at the sale and it was surprising to see what they brought. Several thousand $$ for rusty shells, and I think one in similar condition to my Kaiser brought 8 or 9 thousand.  

I'll check out the links you all provided, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...