1990 TC seeking advise to appraise value

Guest SterlingArcher

Guest SterlingArcher

I have a 1990 TC with 28,700 miles and am seeking a source to appraise the value of the car.  KBB only goes back to 1992 and I found a really low number using TMV.  Can someone recommend a good source to arrive at a number?

You will need to include the engine/transmission combination. If you have the v6 and auto trans version, the mileage can be verified as correct, and the leather/paint are in excellent condition then you are looking in the 5 to 6 thousand range. Whole different range with the 4 cylinder and manual transmission but would be higher, how much higher depends a lot on the car's location. If you are looking at the dealer ads  for these cars that are double priced, just remember that most have been sitting at the dealer lots for several years with no nibbles.

23 hours ago, SterlingArcher said:

I have a 1990 TC with 28,700 miles and am seeking a source to appraise the value of the car.  KBB only goes back to 1992 and I found a really low number using TMV.  Can someone recommend a good source to arrive at a number?

So the car has been driven an average of 1,063 miles a year. This could indicate that this car suffers from many of the problems of a car not driven regularly.

I own and drive an 89 TC with 283,000+ miles on it that is likely in better running condition because it has been in regular use and well maintained all these years. 

Such low miles as on your car does not add to it's potential value unless it has been stored properly. A rusted out fuel tank and components are often the case due to long term storage of a car with fuel deteriorating in the tank. Cooling system corrosion can be another issue with a little used vehicle. 

I recently replaced the whole assembly, tank, pump and sending unit in a beautiful looking '89 TC with 16,000 miles on the odometer, all due to rust.fullsizeoutput_ee8.thumb.jpeg.86bb9d9cef93735344c0647054296d9b.jpeg

Sports Car Market recently added the TC to their list of collector cars with a median value of $4,900 for an automatic,  with the 5 speed being 25% higher.  This is based on actual sales at auction.  These cars are usually in excellent cosmetic condition, but potential mechanical problems could substantially lower those numbers.  As far as mileage is concerned, TC odometers are so notorious for failure  most buyers would be skeptical unless you can document the miles as true.  But if the miles are true,  you run into Hemi's concern about mechanical issues due to lack of use.