alsancle

American Rolls Royce (Ghost, PI & PII)

2 hours ago, edinmass said:

Rollston? 

Marlene Dietrich and his Rolls Royce | Rolls royce, Rolls royce ...

• Like 1

That’s a Dietrich body.............the lady, not the car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have this Stearns Knight Militare for sale on this site.  It has the big six cylinder sleeve valve engine in it.  It is in storage and is original.

IMG_2777.JPG

• Like 1

California in the early 50's. Probably lurking in a garage near you.IMG_1140.thumb.jpg.f323dbef6a789047a1039a81b7537b65.jpg

Peter Kumar is selling this Huntington PII.   Same as the Huntington that Tom Laferriere sold except Tom's was fully sorted and had an open quarter window.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1931-Rolls-Royce-Phantom/274360970512

Colgate Family Owned 1931 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Huntington Left-Hand Drive Limousine with Coachwork by BrewsterThis 1931 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Huntington with Coachwork by Brewster was first owned by the Colgate family, founder of Colgate Toothpaste. One of a total of just 125 left hand drive Phantom IIs manufactured. A rare and much prized left-hand-drive AJS-AMS Phantom II with an unusual blind rear quarter, a unique and attractive design for a Huntington. First owned by Mrs. Romulus Riggs Colgate, wife of Romulus Riggs Colgate who was the grandson of the founder of a soap and perfume business that would later become most well-known for its toothpaste. Romulus Colgate made his fortune in the hydro-electric generation business and the manufacture of lead-based paint under the brand "Dutch Boy" and was the owner of a 12,000-square-foot mansion in Litchfield, CT. A fascinating car, which needs a gentle and sympathetic touch to bring it back to life. The car wears an older metallic paint job in good usable condition and has presentable chrome as well. New front chauffeurs compartment with new upholstery. With some attention, the original rear interior is still serviceable with only the rear jump-seats needing re-upholstering. A complete car that's structurally sound and was last running just 2-3 years ago. Offered with excellent ownership documentation regarding the Colgate family connection.LHD Rolls-Royce Phantom II Huntington LimousineCoachwork by Brewster & Co.Chassis no. 216AJSBody no. 7392 First owned by the Colgate Family 1 of 125 left hand drive Phantom II's built A rare and much prized LHD AJS-AMS Phantom II Unusual and attractive Huntington design with Coachwork by BrewsterPrice: $95,000

02.jpg?wtrmk10nw

04.jpg?wtrmk10nw

06.jpg?wtrmk10nw

07.jpg?wtrmk10nw

• Like 1

AJ......fantastic car. Buy it and I’ll sort it for you for only one dollar per hour.........

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alsancle said:

02.jpg?wtrmk10nw

04.jpg?wtrmk10nw

A little harsh in the rear quarter given belt molding retained of a traditional sedan - looks originally done that way or could be a recycled body by Brewster or Inskips. 

And then you have the cylinder head issue of being replaced or not. 

And unfortunately, market will not support that pricing.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Looks to have a nice original interior in rear

05.jpg?wtrmk10nw

And, looks to be nicely redone in front - and also nice original dash and hardware

06.jpg?wtrmk10nw

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)

19 hours ago, edinmass said:

AJ......fantastic car. Buy it and I’ll sort it for you for only one dollar per hour.........

Somehow I feel like that will still turn out to be 100k.

Here is a view of 251AJS which is also a Huntington.   You can see the rear quarter treatment.   The RR club will have a good records of this car including early pictures potentially.

RollsRoycePII-Huntington-251AJS.jpg

Another Huntington that sold in Paris a ways back.   I sort of like the colors.

rr_phantom_i_2.jpg

rr_phantom_i_3.jpg

rr_phantom_i_1.jpg

3 hours ago, alsancle said:

Somehow I feel like that will still turn out to be 100k.

Yes, if it needs a 20K + cylinder head replacement/work matched to any other issues. As dad would say "great car for someone else." 

Posted (edited)

This is an earlier style Dover body, though i always though the car had good looks matched to liking the colors on it.

1930 Rolls-royce Phantom I Dover Limousine - The Bid Watcher

European Concours 2002, 1919-1930

European Concours 2004, Class B

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, alsancle said:

A friend and I were talking today that the cheapest place to buy certain cars is actually at auction.    Mark Hyman paid 75k all in at RM Amelia for this and now has it for sale for 99k.    I saw it in person and it is very attractive.

https://hymanltd.com/vehicles/6675-1927-rolls-royce-phantom-i-avon-sedan/

1927 Rolls-Royce Phantom I Avon Sedan by Brewster -

Very attractive car.  I'm not a Rolls guy, but I like that.  (No, no, I don't have space, just ask my wife.)

2 hours ago, 1935Packard said:

Very attractive car.  I'm not a Rolls guy, but I like that.  (No, no, I don't have space, just ask my wife.)

Move one state east and you can put up a 30 car garage for 50k.

• Like 1

UNFORTUNATELY, All classic Rolls-Royces (except Silver Ghosts) are down in price right now, with even open convertible coupe Phantom 1

cars bringing no more than $100K.

9 minutes ago, Peter Zobian said:

UNFORTUNATELY, All classic Rolls-Royces (except Silver Ghosts) are down in price right now, with even open convertible coupe Phantom 1

cars bringing no more than $100K.

Peter,  were you able to sell your car?   A very nice regent coupe.