The UK, and other countries, to ban ICE engines.

MarrsCars

On 7/26/2017 at 3:44 PM, 1937hd45 said:

Please let me know when the price on a restored Type 37A Bugatti drops to $25,000. I also would like to know how the worlds workers will get to work in 2040, the ones that can't afford an electric car? Bob

Why they will line up for the buses and trains that many of the Elite have thought we should be on now.  Efficient safe programmed  transportation just as God meant it to be.

Edited by plymouthcranbrook (see edit history)

1 hour ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

Why they will line up for the buses and trains that many of the Elite have thought we should be on now.  Efficient safe programmed  transportation just as God meant it to be.

That will kill the home remodeling trade, ever try to get a 4x8 sheet of plywood on a train? Bob

• Like 1

4 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Us rednecks with our pickups will be the last hold out and the one's the greenies come crying to, when it's time to move their crap. 

When I had my home remodeling business the first thing I inspected was the daily drivers of future customers, they told me a lot about the people before they opened the door. Bob

It looks like there is going to 12 Electric Models to choose from as of now .

As of 2040, conventional petrol and diesel cars will no longer be sold - that's the government's plan anyway. 

At the moment, this seems like an eternity away. Not just because of the 23-year wait but also the limitations of today's electric vehicles.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-4732298/12-future-electric-cars-end-buying.html#ixzz4oACiQvlC Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-4732298/12-future-electric-cars-end-buying.html

Edited by Mark Gregory (see edit history)

Don't forget the Doble and Bill Lear (anyone remember "learium" ?). When ECE comes back I am ready.

ps my Jeep can also run on alcohol. Wonder what the road tax would be on a still ?

So another huge identity goes obsolete.

My first real job was pumping gas.

Since the gas stations will all be recycled into windmills those first jobs will be  shoving in the plug.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, padgett said:

Think NJ and Oregon still require attendants. Don't want to put people out of work.

You might need those attendants.  From what I have seen and heard there are people who won't know how to plug it in. 

They will be great first time jobs at $15 an hour to chat on their I phone. 

17 hours ago, MarrsCars said:

True, tho in Oregon you can pump your own diesel. 

That seems so weird to me that you can pump diesel. I wonder what the rational is?

I'm not complaining though. When I go out of state and have to pump my own gas it makes me appreciate living in Oregon even more. Occasionally I sit for a long while before I realize I have to get out of the car and pump my own. ?

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

19 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

What? I did not know that. Every time I drive through they still put in the diesel. Why diesel and not gas?

4 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

That seems so weird to me that you can pump diesel. I wonder what the rational is?

I'm not complaining though. When I go out of state and have to pump my own gas it makes me appreciate living in Oregon even more. Occasionally I sit for a long while before I realize I have to get out of the car and pump my own. ?

My understanding is that it's to accommodate commercial vehicles, and those of us who may show up in an old W123 or other oil burner just happen to benefit.