john2dameron

Name of auto museum in Hershey PA

Is the AACA still working on getting the museum in Hershey PA to stop calling themselves the AACA Museum?  I don't see where they have the right to use our name and don't understand how they would have the gall to do so.    They have misled people long enough. 

John, we appreciate your passion. We cannot comment on this matter at this time but it is the hope of the club that the museum thrives while at the same time we need to ensure that no one is misled.  That is the crux of the whole matter and it is in the hands of those that need to find resolution. 

The general public doesn't know or care of a difference (as a fairly local resident). People think they are one in the same and I personally think that's good for both groups. There is a division, but aren't both interested in keeping old cars around and in the public mind for the future? Honestly, in the Hershey area I think more people know about the club because of the museum than vice versa. It's a very public site. Folks should know before making major donations, and then be able to decide which better suits their intent. I enjoy going and taking advantage of the free pass and then giving them a donation anyway. To each their own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

John, we appreciate your passion. We cannot comment on this matter at this time but it is the hope of the club that the museum thrives while at the same time we need to ensure that no one is misled.  That is the crux of the whole matter and it is in the hands of those that need to find resolution. 

Steve, I don't wish the museum any harm.  I intend to continue to visit it when I am in Hershey.  However, I have an enormous file of auto photographs I have taken at many venues, including the museum.  I always tag them with the vehicle name, where I took the photo, and the date, and there is no way I will tag photos taken at the museum, "AACA Museum, Hershey PA."

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:55 PM, Frantz said:

The general public doesn't know or care of a difference (as a fairly local resident). People think they are one in the same and I personally think that's good for both groups. There is a division, but aren't both interested in keeping old cars around and in the public mind for the future? Honestly, in the Hershey area I think more people know about the club because of the museum than vice versa. It's a very public site. Folks should know before making major donations, and then be able to decide which better suits their intent. I enjoy going and taking advantage of the free pass and then giving them a donation anyway. To each their own.

Frantz, I really don't care what the general public thinks.  I am a dues paying member of the AACA and I don't think other organizations have to right to do business under our name.  As I said before, I hope the museum continues to thrive but I don't think they have the right to steal our name.  And yes, "Steal" is exactly what I mean.