Fuel Hose & Pressure Regulator

I intermittently smell gas fumes on my 1990 TC with the V6.  The fumes come from under the hood usually after I start it up (but not all the time) and / or when I let it idle for a while.  Once I get on the road the fumes disappear ( I know evaporation).

I am going to replace the hoses and possibly the fuel pressure regulator.  What is (are) the proper hose size(s), and what is the fuel pressure regulator part number for the V6?

I see different bits and pieces on this topic in the forum, but most of what I read is related to the turbos...

Thanks.

The fuel lines are all the same size: 5/16" pressure, 1/4" return.

Typically the fuel pressure regulator doesn't go bad. A quick check is to pull the vacuum hose off of it after the engine has run and see if there's any fuel in the vacuum system. If so, the regulator is bad. If not, then I wouldn't waste time/money messing with it.

More than likely you have a cracked hard line for the EVAP system. The V6's don't have many vacuum lines, so just check them and replace as needed.

Do yourself a favor, a BIG favor, and replace ALL the hoses with quality FUEL INJECTION hose, not just fuel line hose. 

When I bought my 2nd TC, the lines had all been replaced, but with regular fuel line!  A fire waiting to happen.  It did run fine with no problems, but there is a world of difference in quality and pressure capabilities regarding the two hoses. 

And-use the Fuel -injection clamps only. Again, a world of difference.

The hose costs about $9 per 18" length.

I know this can get kind of expensive, but what is the cost of a totaled car because of an engine fire??