Mack0331

My 57 Buick special project

Can anyone give me a measurement of how wide the stripe down the back of the front wheel well is on 2 tones? 

20180518_125720.jpg

It just follows the body line all the way down.  I did it free hand on Lance's 57.

buffed001.jpg

• Like 2

Since I'll be painting soon and don't want water messing up my expensive ass paint I built a manifold / water trap with some copper pipes. I know I didn't have to make the horizontal parts as long as I did but I bought the pipe in 10' sticks so was trying to work it out so I used it all. Close to 80' total. Put ball valves on the down pipes to drain water. Also added a devilbliss 3 stage filter / desiccant dryer to use when painting. I never soldered copper before this but it was easy and it works great no leaks. I ran it for a while with a sander and did get water out all the downpipes. Still got a good amount of water in the first little filter but compressor was running pretty hard working the sander and I didn't notice any water getting to the tool so it should do good for painting especially after running through the new dryer. I'll get a new hose for painting too. 

20180521_212148.jpg

20180521_212159.jpg

• Like 1

Yikes!  I wonder if this could have been shorter if one used a section of hot water radiator for a condenser?

Haven't posed in a while still plugging along on the body work. Its almost all done now. My family car Taurus SHO blew a turbo so had to take some time off the Buick for a bit. I ordered all the weather striping , chanel runs , window seals every rubber part on the car that wasn't cheap. Was hoping to be painting by now but got pushed back a bit when falimly car died. Bit more sanding and shaping then I'll primer it again block sand final time then finally paint time ! 

inCollage_20180712_201717244.jpg

inCollage_20180712_201832854.jpg

inCollage_20180713_182605600.jpg

• Like 5

I've used Rhode Island Wiring for my harnesses. Exact fit. Correct Colors for wiring diagram in shop manual for trouble shooting.

• Like 2

Finished all the body work. Got it all apart and its paint time ! Here's a sneak peak 1st coat going on. 

20180826_125130.jpg

20180826_125055.jpg

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Beemon said:

Who rebuild the steering box?

I couldn't find a rebuild kit to do it myself so I sent it to lares . 

• Like 1

Made a little more process. Stuffs slowed down a bit. Pregnant wife , family car died all that stuff to deal with. Got all the major painting done and the doors hung on. They aren't lined up or anything yet. Probably not going to get too much more done until after Christmas . 

20181031_161810.jpg

20181102_162919.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mack0331 said:

Made a little more process.

Looks great!  You've really moved it forward this year!  Good luck with this and with your other challenges too!  You'll appreciate that 4 door with a new baby to take for ice cream! :D

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:40 AM, Mack0331 said:

Made a little more process. Stuffs slowed down a bit. Pregnant wife , family car died all that stuff to deal with. Got all the major painting done and the doors hung on. They aren't lined up or anything yet. Probably not going to get too much more done until after Christmas . 

20181031_161810.jpg

20181102_162919.jpg

Nice Color.. :wub:

• Like 1