Sign in to follow this  
Laughing Coyote

Worth the $$$?

On first glance 10K sounds ok for a presentable old car in running order.  And a rare one at that. They were built down to a price so you can't expect too much.

since it isnt running- I would value it around 6k

with it running, it would be worth around 7500.

you wont find parts for it................

Edited by mercer09 (see edit history)

I would agree with 6K.  It's only shiney because they just wet it down.  Doesn't look rusty but looks like it needs alot of mechanical attention to start with.  I suspect the paint is pretty bad as well when you look at the engine shot you can see what the "dry" finish looks like.  The chrome glows in the overalls but again the shell looks tired in the engine shot. 

Since the Craig's List ad will likely expire 

before our interest does, here's the text of

the ad and the telephone number.  Maybe

someone here will get a Rockne!

"1931 STUDEBAKER ROCKNE SUICIDE DOOR 4 DR. REDUCED BIG $$$ - $9995 (CRAYCROFT/SUNRISE) 

REDUCED $5000 from $14995 to $9995!!! Went to look at a vintage BMW motorcycle and came home with the bike and this WAY COOL 1931 Rockne. What a great barn find. The owner said it hasn't been driven for a few years...has a 2016 plate on it?? I am showing a picture of the 1958 Arizona title, so it's been in Tucson at least that long...and it shows it..virtually rust free!! It looks very complete. I don't have the time or desire to restore this old gent ...but someone will. According to the Rockne Registry there were 24,000 of these made and only 230 are known to exist today (Worldwide). They were only made for 2 years.Not looking for trades. Thanks, Richard.   (520) 240-3525."

That back seat doesn't look like it fits the space. The wrinkles in the fabric lead me to believe the back is wider than the space allows.

Edited by 72caddy
Spelling (see edit history)