What a difference new tires make.

I like the look of the new black wall tires I installed today. It made a big difference in how it drives. The old tires were 40 years old and hard as a rock and not much tread left on the front tires. I ordered the new tires from Universal Vintage Tire. They are made by Lester Tire Company. The ride is very good, and so far I'm thinking they don't even need to be balanced. I took the car up to 55 mph and there is no tire vibration at all.

1 (Small).jpg

2 (Small).jpg

• Like 1

Very nice, the blackwalls look good on that car....I don't know that I've ever had a pre-WWII car that I had to balance the tires......I do remember hearing that, instead of putting weights on rims, some people use "shaving" to balance tires, which is a common method for race cars, to shave off small layers of tread in order to round and balance the wheel.....

Tires really do make a difference.The bias ply Cokers on my "40 Packard were old,hard and weather checked so installed new Coker Classic www radials this year.Ride was already Packard quality but the radials greatly improved handling and stability. As the car is unrestored,I had the wheels restored and striped while they were off.

Restoring Packard wheels 004.JPG

Restoring Packard wheels 003.JPG

Guest Petrolhead911

What model are those tyres they look bloody brilliant fitted on your ride and if they run so smoothly at that speed cruising must be a dream.

Edited by Petrolhead911 (see edit history)