HI Group,

Looking for assistance from the TC veterans. Last week took car out of garage and got the dreaded hard brake pedal, brake light. Looked in the garage and all my brake fluid drained out on the floor. Towed it in to the mechanic and at first thought we were just dealing with a rotted hose that goes from pump to reservoir. After replacing that hose and refilling with fluid, found that we are getting no pump activation. Mechanic said he is getting power to it (relay got hot) but no pump. Wondering your thoughts, how screwed am I, can this pump be replaced. My mechanic has work on my TC before but the brakes always make him nervous. The rest of my car is in A1 shape and hate the thought of this being the end. Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

2 hours ago, vonblood said:

HI Group,

Looking for assistance from the TC veterans. Last week took car out of garage and got the dreaded hard brake pedal, brake light. Looked in the garage and all my brake fluid drained out on the floor. Towed it in to the mechanic and at first thought we were just dealing with a rotted hose that goes from pump to reservoir. After replacing that hose and refilling with fluid, found that we are getting no pump activation. Mechanic said he is getting power to it (relay got hot) but no pump. Wondering your thoughts, how screwed am I, can this pump be replaced. My mechanic has work on my TC before but the brakes always make him nervous. The rest of my car is in A1 shape and hate the thought of this being the end. Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Have a  look at this website, http://www.allpar.com/model/tc.html  you can see how I solved the problem.

• 4 months later...

Update...I finally got the TC up and running just in time to put in storage for the year. As much as I hated changing the original brake system....it is done. Thank you so much Hemi for your directions. Took some convincing of my mechanic to take on the job, but all is great, stops good, and under the hood looks clean. If you didnt know, would think it was original equipment. Its such a relief to not worry about those brakes anymore. I know its sacrilegious to change out, but happy to keep her on the road cruising. 

Question, I have the whole original system from the swap. Pump is most likely bad, but wondering if other parts are useful for rebuilds? Also early this year bought a new accumulator that I never put on and the accumulator that is on the system is only about 4 years old with about 7000 miles.

Cant wait till spring to get her out and rolling again! :-)

-Scott