DB Logo

Guest leadfoot

The best thing I could find is a picture of an early DB radiator badge (with most of the enamel worn off) on e-bay at this location: <A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2104456727" TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2104456727</A> <P>The picture is in gif format. If you want a drawing in any format, you'll find that hard to come by on the internet.<P>By the way, a lot of people think that the early DB logo is a star of david. There is no evidence that this is the origin. There has been a lot of research by DB historians and the general conclusion is that the DB logo is a pair of interlocking hexagrams with a clouded origin. It could represent the close relationship these brothers had, or two deltas (you know Horace and John Dodge), or the traditional strength that hexagrams represent.

The emblem contains the symbol of intertwined equilateral triangles in the foreground. The background is actually the continents of our planet, or a "globe" with the Americas on the left side and Asia to the far right. The blue coloring would be that of the oceans. And finally the Brass wings on the outside.

Guest leadfoot

Ray -<BR>The radiator shell emblem from 1915 until around 1929 or 1930 (I'm not sure exactly when it was altered - maybe even 1928) was just the interlocking triangles forming a hexagram or "star" with, of course, the globe in the background and circled by the Dodge Brothers - Detroit USA.<P>The winged hood ornament was introduced as part of the "Chryslerfication" of Dodge. I belive that the winged ornament with a small "star" in the middle lasted through at least the 1938 models.<p>[ 05-23-2002: Message edited by: leadfoot ]

The Victory Six emblem also had wings. This car came out November 1927, before "chryslerization" so-called, and started it all. In the shield between the wings were lightening, a tree, and some other, all having meaning I suppose.<BR> Getting back to the original "interlocking triangles" emblem, it's also proposed that it can be something so simple as an attempt to portray a marshall's badge, as this was a typical design of lawman's badge at the turn of the last century. Hence no real, deep, heavy meaning at all but just a stunning symbol!