Mustang Project sequential turn signal kit

NC1968Riviera

I installed a Mustang Project LED sequential turn signal light kit for a 67 Riviera on my 68 Riviera. Here is a link to their Riviera kits:

http://www.mustangproject.com/Catalog.aspx?category=68642387-6653-4218-935e-89619ca5f35a&sub=e1f14050-c9ad-491f-a2cb-5824ac0a4f19

Click links below to see the results 

Driver tail light turn signal: 

Passenger tail light turn signal: 

Here is an installation video from MP for a '65 Rivera. Installation is the same for a '68 with the exception of the addition of the replacement center bulb sockets. Be sure to inquire about the center bulb sockets if you order the '67 Riv LED kit for a '68/69 Riv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgEH7mcAMBI

In addition to the LED bulbs and turn signal switch I also needed their replacement two wire bulb socket replacement kit for the center one wire tail light sockets. These replacement light sockets simply clip on to one of the adjacent two wire light socket wires. 

The 6 LED bulbs are marked Outer, Middle, and Inner, so it is important to put them in the correct position. Load resistance is built into the new switch. There is a little bit of bulb flicker after this kit was installed but it isn't bad enough interfere with the operation of the lights when turned on or when braking. The bulb flickering is enhanced in these videos because of the frame rate at which I recorded the videos.

Edited by NCRiviera (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi Mike

This is a cool turn signal... That's funny, I ordered the Kit for my 65 Riviera last week by Mustangproject.... Now I've to be patient until its shipped to my country :lol: 
Thanks for sharing that with us, I wanted to share that too... Here the link for 65's. (Sequential with the click flasher)
http://www.mustangproject.com/ProductDisplay.aspx?ID=a5d2c82a-214f-4558-b67f-6c870cac7db3

Regards,
Schmiddy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JZRIV said:

Thanks for the link. I always wanted to do that on one of my Rivs. Nice. Surely there is some way to eliminate the flicker? Do you know what the difference is between the $269 kit and the $186 kit?

I don't like the flicker nether that much... 
The difference is with and without the lights. $186 Kit is only the module... I agree, this is a bit confusing. :huh:

Edited by Schmiddy (see edit history)

I paid $192 with shipping and I ordered from Mustang Project thru Amazon because the shipping was cheaper than thru their website. As I said before the flickering is enhanced in my video due to recording frame rate. It's not as bad as it seems. 

3 hours ago, NCRiviera said:

I paid $192 with shipping and I ordered from Mustang Project thru Amazon because the shipping was cheaper than thru their website. As I said before the flickering is enhanced in my video due to recording frame rate. It's not as bad as it seems. 

Looks very neat Mike - got that Cougar look !

like Jason, something I also thought about for my '68. I did replace the centre sockets, which were parking lamps only, so I have full brake/signal lights across the rear lamps.

Might just leave it at that. 

I saw the Mustang Project kit for '65 Riv on Ebay for $186. w free deliv. The '65 comes w module & 4 bulbs. The later gen. kit has 6 bulbs which probably explains the diff in price. Looks good on the '66, except for the flicker.......on the '65 the effect is not that striking (IMO)

I installed this kit on my '64 Grand Prix.  As with the Riviera, I had to wire the center socket to include the brake/turn filament, as it was parking light only from the factory.  It took some time to run wires, but installation wasn't difficult and the result is cool as all get-out!  ;)

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm