Dodge Brothers Screenside

I have recently acquired a DB screenside truck that seems to be pretty much unmolested with the exception of father time's heavy hand.I am trying to figure out what year it was made and Get some advice on where to start on the restoration.The seats have vertical stiching and the doors do have handles.Are there any other tell tale signs I can look for to determine its year of production?I will have photo's in a couple of days.Thanks for your time and effort.Scot

Guest leadfoot

Photos are nice, but serial numbers are usually the best if this is an intact vehicle. There are several serial numbers possible. If the front floor boards have a vehicle ID plate attached, there is a serial number on it. Another spot for the vehicle ID number is on the chassis frame towards the back, I believe it's on the top rail. Also, there are separate and different serial numbers for the engine - stamped on an embossed area near the carb; and the body - stamped on the firewall. I believe some of these locations changed during the mid 20s, but I'm not sure.

The early DB with round corners at the bottem had the serial number on the cross member under the floor board on the right side. If your doors are square at the bottem, you screeside is 1924 and newer. Your serial number will be on the right front frame rail by the rear spring holder on the front axle. This serial number should give you the year of manfacture. <P>Chuck shocked.gif" border="0grahambros@Greeleynet.com

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like a nice truck but I hope it is not the one that was stolen a while back in Melbourne, Ky. The serial number on that truck was 786956, motor number 839565, Model 30 and it was a 1922. I understand that someone with a rollback just pulled up, loaded the truck and took off. You better check on yours grin.gif" border="0

O.K. Jan(my father-inlaw)or Sam Spade whoever you are going by today. You got me.I thought you brought me a Hot truck.I truly freaked out for a minute. Good one!!!See you soon Scot

Guest leadfoot

Gadzooks! I thought we really had a Private Dick (cut me some slack here) on an antique car theft investigation. That's some father-in-law you have there Scot. Next time you go over to his place for a barbeque, or other event, watch your back because this guy is a serious prankster.