Paint Formula-Top Mechanism-41 Continental Cabriolet

Michael L.

Good Afternoon Lincoln Fans:

Can anyone provide a paint mixing formula for the convertible top mechanism that I can take to our local body shop supply and get them to mix for me?  According to the Authenticity Manual, the Ford code for it is C-CG484.  The body shop supply I talked to today couldn't translate that into anything they can work with.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Mike L.

Well .....  Michael L. , since no one else will jump on ; I'll see if I can help. What year of car are you restoring that needs this paint mix?

When I restored my 'LZ conv.  I used a Dupont- Lucite, Acrylic Lacquer. #9971L, code40286---Beige. I have shown my car many times

and no one has ever questioned it . From some research that I have done Dupont has sold off their auto paint business to AXALTA.

Run this up on the internet and get all details, good luck, don't give up

Sorry for the oversight, you did say   '41 LC Cab  BTW  .I  checked my "Authenticity Manual"  edited by 

Robert Prins , and it states " All top bows ,except the for the front header which was leather covered, were painted 

FORD "Top Bow Tan".Also painted this tan were the top roof -side rails ,quarter pillar lock assys.. and the top slat iron

assys..In another section the book mentions "TOP BOW TAN- same color on all FoMoCo Contv. top bows and slat irons 

from 1932-1948. Acopra-tan hue with a very  slight  olive drab hue????

Edited by larry butcher
missed (see edit history)

You might try calling Color-Rite Refinishing for some help with that color.  He no longer produces the paint due to a number of issues, but he was for years the go to guy for the correct colors, maybe he can help with the codes you need.

203 393 0240.  Ed Spagnolia. ( may have murdered the spelling of his last name.)

Tom

Ok, being the A type that has to have everything as correct I can make it, I cannot fine a source for this paint BUT, I did read a thread on fordbarn and a guy there was restoring his 40 convertible , ordered a rear window frame that matched the top bow paint.  Went to a paint supplier with this frame , and what he says is almost an exact color for those bows is either a Ditzler or PPG paint code

# DAR25319  Mercedes tan.