1936 DODGE FIRE TRUCK

OUR FIRE DEPARTMENT JUST GOT A 1936 DODGE BROTHERS FIRE TRUCK. VIN# 8244357<BR>WE WANT TO RESTORE IT AND NEED TO TRACE ITS HISTORY. WE KNOW IT WAS USED ON THE TEXACO STAR THEATRE SHOW WITH MILTON BERLE. CAN ANYONE HELP POINT US IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

• 1 month later...
Guest leadfoot

Just a couple of suggestions:<BR>First, have you contacted Texaco, NBC (I believe that's where the show was aired), and Chrysler for any information they may have?<P>Second, click on this link for a rather comprehensive list of antique fire apparatus clubs: <A HREF="http://www.wsfire.com/spaamfaa/chapters/chapters.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.wsfire.com/spaamfaa/chapters/chapters.html</A> <P>Third, be aware that the only part of your fire truck produced by Dodge was the chassis, and probably the cab/hood/front fenders. The fire truck body and equipment were made by one of the specialty firms.

I HAVE TRIED TEXACO & CHYSLER. THEY BOTH SAID THEY WILL TRY TO LOCATE SOMETHING BUT WERE NOT SURE IF THEY COULD. I HAVE NOT TRIED NBC BUT I WILL. I CAN NOT FIND ANY EMBLEMS OR NAME OTHER THAN DODGE BROTHERS ON THE TRUCK. IF I CAN FIND OUT THE FIRE ENGINE MANUFACTOR THAT WILL BE A GREAT HELP. <BR>THANKS

Guest leadfoot

I seem to remember that Chrysler is able to provide build sheet information on passenger cars from the 30s. Could be that they have this information for heavy trucks. I looked through the Dodge history book and found only one fire truck shown (1928) through the 60s, and that was a two ton Graham. Before the late 20s, any fire truck chassis would have been a Graham Brothers. Quite possibly, your fire truck may have been produced by a specialty body shop out of the main stream for fire equipment. Some of the body makers mentioned for other Dodge trucks of the era are Gar Wood, Detroit and Heil Co., Milwaukee.

• 4 months later...

I'M A RTIRED F/F.... WHO MFG THE FIRE TRUCK? PETER PERSCH OR WHO. FIND THE MFG NUMBER AND CONTACT THEM.. OR CHECK THE PUMP FIND THE PUMP SERIAL ID NUMBER CONTACT THE PUMP MFG THEM USUALLY HAVE GOOD RECORDS..

I'M RESTORING A 1926 PERTER PERSCH ON A GRAHAM BROTHER TRUCK CHASSIS.. BACKTRACKED THE PUMP NUMBER TO THE MFG AND THEY CAME UP WITH WHO IT WAS ORGINALLLY BOUGHT IT. IF YOU NEED ANY HELP OR INFO CONTACT ME AT LTRPL@HIGHSTREAM.NET BOB