Car shows..

nick8086

We've seen a lot of uncommon cars at our CARS & PARTS SWAP MEET & CAR SHOW in Springfield, Ohio. I found a few random photos of cool cars from past events, to share on this thread. 

First photo is a 1918 Holmes. 2nd pic is an AMC Rebel Machine, 3rd photo is 1969 Mercury Cyclone "Cale Yarborough Special," 4th, 5th, and 6th photos are a very rare Cadillac station wagon. That's enough photos for this one post. I'll add more in a minute. 

1918_Holmes_a.jpg

081202_AMC4_big.jpg

20030811_sf1b_big.jpg

IMG_7703.JPG

IMG_7708.JPG

IMG_7709.JPG

• Like 1

I realize that each of us might have a different definition of "regular factory production," per your original post. But I hope we'll all find these photos of uncommon cars interesting, at least. 

First photo is a 1960 Bianchi "Auto Bianchina Special," apparently one of 1,500 made. Next is a Checker Marathon station wagon. Third photo is some kind of exotic Jaguar. Then a Ferrari, red. 

IMG_1260.JPG

200105_05_14.jpg

dscn3379.JPG

201405_5586.JPG

This first photo is another Ferrari that visited us. Gorgeous yellow beast. Next one is a very uncommon 1937 Studebaker "Coupe Express" pickup truck. This one belonged to the late Dick Hammond, and had belonged decades before to his father. Dick found it and bought it back and got it restored in time to drive it to a few shows before his untimely passing. Wish I had more photos, especially from the front, with the hood down. Neat truck, which was built on the Studebaker Dictator car chassis. 

DSCN1555.JPG

StudebakerTruck_Hammond_2.JPG

Last month, on the Founder's Tour, there was a like new Subaru Brat.  Complete with the two fiberglass rear facing bucket seat in the pickup bed.  (The story was that America put a 25% tariff on inported trucks, resulting in the Brat becoming a passenger car)

Any automotive gathering has the chance of something unusual and unique showing up.  Example was last year's Highland NC Motoring Festival where 3 Mercedes Gull Wing's showed up and parked all in a a row together.  Used, restored and pristine original, all complete with Gull Wing Luggage!  That's the joy of local shows, suprises

Last month, on the Founder's Tour, there was a like new Subaru Brat.  Complete with the two fiberglass rear facing bucket seat in the pickup bed.  (The story was that America put a 25% tariff on imported trucks, resulting in the Brat becoming a passenger car)

Any automotive gathering has the chance of something unusual and unique showing up.  Example was last year's Highland NC Motoring Festival where 3 Mercedes Gull Wing's showed up and parked all in a row together.  Used, restored and pristine original, all complete with Gull Wing Luggage!  That's the joy of local shows, surprises.  I'm glad to see all old cars out of the garage and being enjoyed and shared.