Piston Ring Search by Size?

GrahamPaige29

Hi guys.  I'm having trouble locating a piston ring set for my 1929 Graham Paige model 612.  I know the bore size (3") and the ring face wall thickness (1/8") and radial wall thickness (1/8") and the oil ring thickness (3/16").

I don't even want to go into my local parts stores because the zombies in there just say "we can't get it unless you have a parts number".

Is there a place you guys order from where you can look up rings by size?

you can check hastingspistonrings.com and use their online ring finder catalog.  I came up with part #s 4019,2c7758,7897,7986,2c710. these five ring sets match your bore and ring width. check it out yourself you can pick ring width and number of rings on each piston and pick out your own set. I have to do this all the time when I'm rebuilding antique engines. 

It depends on your local parts store. My NAPA guys have all the old paper catalogs and books and X references. They've helped me find rings, valves and other parts for old engines by sizes rather than application....................Bob

9 minutes ago, automaschinewerks said:

you can check hastingspistonrings.com and use their online ring finder catalog.  I came up with part #s 4019,2c7758,7897,7986,2c710. these five ring sets match your bore and ring width. check it out yourself you can pick ring width and number of rings on each piston and pick out your own set. I have to do this all the time when I'm rebuilding antique engines. 

Thanks you guys.  I'll try there...

Remember that the guys that spend time looking these things up for you at NAPA or your favorite parts store love someone who drops off donuts or donut-holes or the like.  My local guy has also been the intermediary in lending my wheel pullers to other customers.  What goes around comes around.

• 2 years later...