Edit History

AHa

AHa

Craig, I'm not that knowledgeable on these things but it looks to me that the magneto is gear driven off of the cam, but I guess you're saying it is the other way around. If the car is pushed to start, there would be no need of a coil or battery, correct?, thus further lightening the car. It is a strange looking contraption. Upon closer inspection I would have to agree. It s a timer. You can see the studs sticking out around the circumference.

I found the reference on the HAMB site and tried to contact the person claiming the motor exists but was unable to do so. It is probably in the Gertler collection. I would love to see pictures of it today.

AHa

AHa

Craig, I'm not that knowledgeable on these things but it looks to me that the magneto is gear driven off of the cam. If the car is pushed to start, there would be no need of a coil or battery, correct?, thus further lightening the car. It is a strange looking contraption. There appears to be magneto type magnets but the leads come off of the magnet.

I found the reference on the HAMB site and tried to contact the person claiming the motor exists but was unable to do so. It is probably in the Gertler collection. I would love to see pictures of it today.

AHa

AHa

Craig, I'm not that knowledgeable on these things but it looks to me that the magneto is gear driven off of the cam. I found the reference on the HAMB site and tried to contact the person claiming the motor exists but was unable to do so. I would love to see pictures of it today.

AHa

AHa

Craig, I'm not that knowledgeable on these things but it looks to me that the magneto is gear driven off of the cam. Can you provide us with the reference to the motor on the HAMB site?