Hi guys, just registered to use the forum

Hey, we just registered to use this forum. I have used other forums in the past, they are a great way to share information. We already have a quick question. On the 29 DA, what color is the engine block, firewall, and other engine components. Is there any place we can look at or get liteature on this information if you don't have it. Thanks alot<P>-Tim, Bob, Jake, Jim

I have an un-restored original 29 Dodge DA that still has all the enigine paint. I can send E-photos if that will help. The engine in my car is silver with most of the bolt on components in black.

I'm not sure how much help it will be but if you write to:<BR>Daimler Chrysler<BR>Corporate Historical Collection<BR>CIMS 438-00-00<BR>One Chrysler Drive<BR>Auburn Hills, MI 48326-2778<BR> <BR>They sell certain information such as pictures, manuals and other information that may help you.

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote to the Chrysler Corp. and a gentleman there sent me tons of info and pictures on my 34 Dodge one ton free of charge. Give it a shot.<BR> Ken

Regarding your question of colors for the "engine compartment" I can say that the firewall will pick up the body colors, the inside of the hood panels will be same as outside, and the mud pans will be black. I have seen guys try to spray flat black all around inside as if this were a modern car, but really there was no "engine compartment" color different from the natural colors of the body panels. As for engine, I know that the Victory Six (the year earlier than DA with many similarities) engine came in many colors. No rhyme or reason for when color changed as far as we can figure. Victory engines were dark blue, lite blue, medium and dark gray, Ford green, and I just discovered a "safety orange" on a very original engine of mine. At least these colors....probably more. You often find traces of original color between rear motor mount and block.

hey guys!!!<P>I have a 29 DA rumble seat coupe with golf bag door, but has wood wheels. Cant't call it a sport coupe because they tell me they had wire wheels. engine has been sprayed primer, so can't tell original color. This is my someday car. I keep it behind several cars so no one can buy it, (I tell them I can't get it out and that is why it is back there.<P>Chuck rolleyes.gif" border="0grahambros@Greeleynet.com

• 3 weeks later...

HI I DONT OWN A DA BUT IM WORKING ON ONE I CUT CUSTOM GLASS FOR THE OLD ONES BUT I NEED SOME GLASS CHANNELS FOR THE BOTTOM OF THE DOOR GLASSES CAN ANYONE HELP??????

Hi all,<BR>I just joined this group, I have bought a 28 Dodge DA sedan r.h.d,wooden wheels, I may need help later, the car is in a container on it's way from South Africa at the moment. also bought a 33 Plymouth PB? coupe that need some parts including 2 x 17" spoke wheels and a front bumper blade,<BR>Pat (UK)