1957 Ford Ranchero

I'm still looking for a good usable 1957 Ford Ranchero to replace my 1981 El Camino and our 1935 Ford V8 pickup.  Want a good driver for the Sentimental Tour that can double as my "go get stuff truck" at home.  Not necessarily a National First Place restoration, but a good looking usable 1957 Ranchero.  Somebody out there must know of one needing a good home.

PaulDobbin@aol.com

There is one in your neck of the woods.  

https://www.greatvehicles.com/classiccars/for_sale.cgi/Ford/Ranchero/North Carolina/21982757

http://www.reachoo.com/ads/118865707

http://www.reachoo.com/ads/119055634

http://www.vehiclesurf.com/Vehicle/156391/1957-Ford-Ranchero.html

Seems 20 ish is the buy in for good ones.  Needy ones that are usable seem to be atleast 10G

Thanks Auburnseeker,

Seems the Rancheros were popular with the hot rod set too, most are to modified for AACA events.

The first one on Charlotte is almost a dragster, the second one is on Reachoo that I couldn't access.  (I think I sent a message to the lister) 

The third is one I've seen before and is typically an unrestored one at a restored price.

I've contacted #4 also.

My search missed 2 of the 4 you found.  Thanks for the assistance.

Paul59494d6409ce4_BooBoys.thumb.jpg.335e0fffccc834f64c5ff0f822c7f7e2.jpg

That dozer is a rare (read expensive) pedal car but I have seen those at Hershey. I have been looking for a powered version that size. "KittyTrak" made by Lenox in 60's. I have a 5 year old grandson who is fascinated with construction machinery. He needs one to "help" his mom & dad work on the yard. 

Thanks to all, I'm working on these leads.  Dave, the 59mRanchero is to new for the Sentimental Tour (1928-1958)

Note the Caterpillar has a 1 HP Briggs & Straton engine (notice the exhaust stack in the hood) and could be driven with two sticks with cups on the ends to work the steering levers.  I think a kid small enough to fit in it wouldn't have the strength to pedal it in it's original pedal car format.  I took it to the AACA Show in Gulfport FL in my unrestored 35 ford PU and drove it around for fun.  The

two little boys were not the Boo Bros., just spectators who picked it as their favorite.

Sure a 58 Ranchero is OK, but less desirable than a 57 or 59.  The Sentimental Tour with AACA cuts off to only 1928-1958.  We like to drive all our cars and the Sentimental tour is a good one.  We usually take a 34 Ford and run with the older cars.  

Actually the 58 looks the same from the back as the 57, but the front had gone to quad headlights and they added a scoop to the hood and more trim on the sides.  But either one would do.  

I've sent inquiries to a bunch of ads and only one has replied so far.  I find that a lot of ads are actually brokers who have never even seen the cars they are selling and can offer few details and don't respond or let me speak to the seller.  I keep trying.

There are several;on the "American Listed" web site at great prices. I usually find them listed elsewhere for a lot more money

and a scam artist reply.  It appears they are all scams of pictures and descriptions stolen and re-listed.  BEWARE of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, some old ads and some on web sites of brokers selling cars they've never seen and i can't see them either.  But I'm getting a good education on Internet car sales and scams.  Found one in Idaho, bur broker controlled and not readily available to be seen or to speak to the owner.  One is coming up in an auction about 200 miles from here but the auction company says the expect it to go for $40,000 which leaves me out and not to interested to go to the auction.  Still looking.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys, yes I'm still looking.  The blue & white one Navadavic sent is the best so far, but pretty highly modified for me.

I don't know how you all find so many that I don't find while searching, but I appreciate it.  

Over the years I've flown all over the country to see a car that looks great in pictures and have been disappointed (Mis-led).   So far

in this search I've spoken to a few real nice people and their honesty has kept me from flying to look.  I found it difficult when buying

a return ticket and checking in with a carry on bag full of hand tools.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just looking at that one a few minutes ago.  Thanks.   I think at age 71, I should stick to a finished car that I can love the way it is.

I've been the high bidder twice on ebay for a yellow one in California, unfortunately still below the secret reserve.  There is also a nice one in Montana that I've bee trying to speak with the owner about.  Long process for me, unlike your recent find.  Thanks again.

Real nice one on ebay now (Red & White) with bad floors and real expensive.  Still looking.

• 2 weeks later...

There are 2 for sale here in Ontario,one in Toronto and one in the Ottawa area.One came from BC and was converted from a stick six to a 390 auto,the other is still a stick six.Prices are $13500 and $11500 respectively (that's our 82 cent Canadian dollars).They are on Kijiji Ontario under "classic cars".Both look very presentable.Phone # for the Toronto 390 car is 905-546-9780.

Jim

Edited by J.H.Boland (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I'm pleased to announce the end of the search.  I've made a deal to buy one, Thanks to the listings that Jim Boland sent.  I'm now awaiting shipment from Canada of my new 57 Ranchero.  Not perfect, but usable as is and one that will provide me some fun and work to improve it.

THANKS to all Forum members who helped in my search.  You are a great bunch of car nuts,   Auburnseeker  obviously seeks and finds lots more than Auburns.

Paul