66 $38K No air conditioning

Chimera

I saw this ad a few minutes ago.  A beautiful car!  Note how well the moldings line up at the bottom of the fenders and doors as well as trunk lid moldings where it meets the quarterpanel.  I'm surprised there is no A/C but it has the somewhat rare stereo multiplex unit.  The color combo is spot on.  The price seems a bit high but if you bought one in average condition at half the price you really wouldn't be in that much better shape if you spent the money to get it in this condition.

• Like 1

The instrument gauge cluster is cracked right down the center. How the heck could that happen? Prior wreck?

The rear arm pads are rotted and the lower interior panels are yellowed.

No A/C in a top Buick?

Who played kick the can with the gas tank?

I love the car too but seeing this with images would have me nervous about 38 g's 

Maybe...37? Yes...37 ^_^

Edited by PWB (see edit history)

5 hours ago, PWB said:

The instrument gauge cluster is cracked right down the center. How the heck could that happen? Prior wreck?

The rear arm pads are rotted and the lower interior panels are yellowed.

No A/C in a top Buick?

Who played kick the can with the gas tank?

I love the car too but seeing this with images would have me nervous about 38 g's 

Maybe...37? Yes...37 ^_^

Holy Cow Paul - Crap in the poor guys Wheaties why don't you. :P I'll resist adding a couple but man, this seller knows how to photograph a car. It looks beautiful. Due to option choices it may have been an ordered car. Has posi too! The gas tanks on these came dented from the factory!:blink: Kidding of course but most are dented.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)
  • Like 1