Unexpected result at the car show.

edinmass

I spent the last week on tour with the Pierce Arrow Society at their 60th annual meet in  Saint Louis Missouri. Weather was great, tours were interesting and my 1932 Series 54 Sport Coupe was on display in the annual show on the last day of the meet as would be expected. I have owned the car for ten years and it's never let me down, with thousands of miles driven. (Ten thousand miles over ten years, but only six of them were regular driving years, the others were very short or nonexistent.) I had a gentlemen ask if the car was for sale, no, it wasn't and I had not really thought about selling it. Then I thought to myself, take your own advice, rotate out a car from the garage occasionally. Sell one off and look for a new adventure............ I commented to the gentleman I would entertain a fair offer, and sell it if it were in the ballpark of fair market value. The conversation was overheard by several others. There were five inquiries in about an hour. Interesting. The first gentleman asked what I thought was fair for a price. We were very close, and within ten minutes the deal was done. The others were disappointed. Enclosed are some photos of the car on tour this week. Ten hours after selling I have found another car to consider to replace it. I'm going to stop by and look at it on the way out to Pebble in August. Funny how things turn out. Now I'm off to the west to inspect another for the collection down south. Enjoy the photos, the bridge and river are the Mississippi crossing we're Lewis & Clark set off on their epic journey.

IMG_4623.JPG

IMG_4643.JPG

IMG_4647.JPG

IMG_4648.JPG

IMG_4624.JPG

IMG_4626.JPG

IMG_4619.JPG

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

Funny how things turn out.

No it is not...it was the way it was meant to be...to make even more enjoyment for more people.. I also really like your thoughts of "sell one off for a new adventure"  ...... that Adventure word especially..  sounds like more fun ... yet again.

you are letting a secret out...you ARE a real diehard prewar "hobbyist"  :)

Per your request. Painted brown spokes. Tires are too small. Wheels missing trim rings. The car had very rare factory chrome wheels when new, paint is as it left the factory. I bought side mount covers, but decided against installing them. Sold them to the gentleman with the 32 LaBaron V-12 Coupe that's for sale now. I like the look of the black wheels with the trim rings and WW much better. 

You can make make your own decision......

IMG_3066.PNG

IMG_0091.JPG

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

What a great thread!  It keeps all of us willing to admire nice cars and to tell the owner how we feel.  Many people think show cars are never really available, so this should encourage us all to keep asking.

Now I am just the opposite of maok.  When I see the car with whitewall tires, I only see the tires.

When I see the car with blackwall tires, I see the beautiful lines of the car.  She is a real beauty,

by the way.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, wldavis said:

Now I am just the opposite of maok.  When I see the car with whitewall tires, I only see the tires.

When I see the car with blackwall tires, I see the beautiful lines of the car.  She is a real beauty,

by the way.

I think I'm with you on this one. While the WWs are flashy, the blackwalls do let the car speak for itself. Either way it is truly lovely.

• Like 1