blakew

33 PD on eBay

I have seen this PD on Craigslist pop up from time to time, but it looks like it's on eBay now. Anybody know this car?

It says it is completely original, but I'm not so sure. The firewall is painted the color of the car, the engine has been painted silver, and the interior is just too perfect. Not to mention that the front floorboard has carpet (thought it only came with a rubber mat in the front). When it was on Craigslist, the listing said it was the actual car showcased at the '33 World's Fair or something.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252978928728?ul_noapp=true

Anyway. No interest in the car myself, but was just more curious in the story more than anything. I like to see original cars when possible to compare things for originality's sake, but I like to know for sure that what I am looking at is really original.

-B

This car has been restored at some point. Even the color scheme is not original. I also noticed that the bumpers are the straight style.

Maybe it's not being billed as "100% original," but it's reading like that. Maybe "original" means it hasn't been street-rodded?

Concur with blakew: That car has been restored at some time. FWIW, the carburetor and water pump are not original. And that style water pump would need a custom backing plate to work on a '33/'34 engine. I did not see a photo of the other side of the engine to tell, but from the water pump it is possible that the engine is later than the car.

All that said, it does look like a very nice car.

Not sure if the water pump is incorrect but it has a block off plate where the thermo bypass would connect and the thermo neck does not have this capability.

In addition the ad mentions heater but none seen nor are the any holes for hose connections on the firewall?

Just keeping it real.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PlymouthPE said:

Not sure if the water pump is incorrect but it has a block off plate where the thermo bypass would connect and the thermo neck does not have this capability.

In addition the ad mentions heater but none seen nor are the any holes for hose connections on the firewall?

Just keeping it real.

No "thermo bypass" on '33. IIRC, they started that on '34 and even then only on the PE.