1964 Wildcat Road Wheels four plus a spare and centercaps

first64riv

THESE WHEELS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

1 set of 1964 Wildcat Road Wheels with a spare

1 set of center caps (four pieces)

These are original equipment.  Excellent condition for their age.  This is a very hard to find set of wheels.  They are true 1964 wheels with no registration ring and satin silver center.

THESE WHEELS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

Thank you for looking,

Chris

20170518_104312.jpg

20170518_104319.jpg

20170518_104338.jpg

20170518_104343.jpg

20170529_093419.jpg

20170529_093436.jpg

20170529_093537.jpg

20170529_093627.jpg

20170529_093714.jpg

20170529_093738.jpg

20170529_093748.jpg

20170529_093823.jpg

20170529_093851.jpg

Edited by first64riv
SOLD (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, wildcatman28 said:

Hi Chris,

Just saw this.  Curious.  I have a set of 64 centers and they are black around the cat image.  not sure which is correct.

Are both still available?

Thx

Art

Art,

The wheels and caps are still available.  I haven't actively tried to sell them anywhere else but here.

Chris

Thx Chris.  Might be of interest.

Based upon pics, looks like a re-chrome and re-paint would be in order for a restored 64 Cat.

Mine are in good shape but more rust on back and also require restoration.

If I would like to discuss further, what is protocol for connecting outside of forum page to discuss details.

Thx

Art

Art,  I don't know what protocol would be but you could always send me a message  by clicking that envelope looking icon in the top right corner of the page.  I'll send you my personal email or cell # through there.  Whatever method of communication is best, i'll do.

Chris

1 hour ago, jframe said:

Will these fit a 65 Riv? I know the Rivs originally had register rings and these don't, but I can't see why it would keep them from fitting?

I'm not 100% sure but I don't see why they wouldn't fit.  I believe the hub bore in the rear of the 65 is smaller than the 63 and 64.  In that case, you'd be relying on the lug nuts to center the rim to the hub as opposed to the registration ring.  Honestly, I would not buy these for a Riv.  These need to go on a Wildcat.  That's the purist in me talking and in no way am I a purist but in this case...I am.

Chris

• Like 1

The hub on both the front and the rear of the 65 is smaller than the 64 and prior models.  OE wheels are hub centric and any 65 or later rally wheel will need to have the register ring removed in order to fit a 64 or earlier car.  AGREED, THOSE 64 WHEELS BELONG ON A WILDCAT! There are plenty of others out there for those Rivieras.

3 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Earl, I read that the price quoted includes shipping 

Mr. Earl that is something new.  Before it was $1400 plus shipping.  My problem is I'm into this 1941 Roadmaster right now and I need five Diamondback radials at over $1400 and I'm sure that's plus shipping.  In addition, just to bring this all-original car up to speed is going to set me back a bunch....I hope no more than $5,000.  We did all of the engine work last week for $863.  But, I had all of the parts, and they didn't come cheap either.  What did we do?  Took down the pan and cleaned it......there was only about 1/8" of sludge in the bottom.  We removed the sidepan cover to make sure no sludge survived around the push rods, and it needed a new gasket, and we removed the rocker arm cover and adjusted the valves.  He also cleaned the engine and the belly pans.  He established why the gas gauge doesn't work, but didn't get the new sending unit in.  You see, it was his last week before he retired.  Now I've got a younger guy who will have a learning curve.  He needs to pull down the gas tank next week and install the Bob's sending unit, and install an in-line electric fuel pump and toggle switch under the dash.  He also has to replace all of the rotten heater hose....so I'm going to install new upper and lower hoses (ordered from Bob's yesterday) and new anti-freeze while I'm at it.  I guess I'd better change the by-pass hose too.  It's all time at $65 an hour.  From there the have to get all the goo weatherstrip removed and new weatherstrip installed.  That will finish phase one, after which I'll bring it home and analyze my finances before going back for Phase 2.  :)

• 2 years later...
32 minutes ago, Curly22 said:

I wonder what my set needing plating with centers would be valued at in the current market ???

These are rare but the standard answer applies... they are worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay for them.  I still have them...that may hint at something.

Chris

Edited by first64riv
spelling (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ted "Wildcat65" Nagel said:

Thank you Chris, they all cleaned up well.  Edges are amazingly good.  Very happy...Now I have about 24 more wheels to clean like these.

24 more!!!!  Yikes...some people horde toilet paper at times like these...I'm glad you're thinking outside the box!

Thanks for the update!  I am extremely happy they went to a good home.

Chris

11 hours ago, Ted "Wildcat65" Nagel said:

Thank you Chris, they all cleaned up well.  Edges are amazingly good.  Very happy...Now I have about 24 more wheels to clean like these.

Edges are amazingly good? What does this mean? No curbing? If not, I must have missed something?

Tom