2017 BCA Meet Registration sent back undeliverable

wildcatsrule

I sent in my registration for the 2017 BCA National last month, to have it submitted before June 1st. I sent it to the EXACT address listed on the registration form. Today it came back with a sticker "Return to Sender not deliverable as addressed unable to forward" I don't think I should have to pay a $15 late fee if I have to register online now. Anyone else have this happen? 

I have talked to the post office about this numerous times.  Apparently, they have gotten more strict about the names on the PO Box.  The names have to match exactly.  For instance, if I had the PO Box listed as 'Buick Club of America National Meet' and someone sent in a registration with 'BCA National Meet', they were being rejected.  I had to come up with a dozen different names someone could list it on the envelope and had them officially added to the PO Box.  What a hassle.

Yes, you can send it in again, or call me at the number at the bottom of the form and I will register you over the phone, if you want.  You do not have to pay the additional $15 late fee.

• Like 3

OK Thank you very much. I will give you a call. Since the post office is being this difficult, I don't want to risk missing out on getting registered. Hopefully this isn't happening to a lot of other people. 

There have been 5 or 6 people that I know who had their registration rejected by the Post Office.  I have talked to them already and thought I had it resolved. Call me after 7:00 CST, I'm normally home by then.  And, if not, I will let you know when to call back.

13 hours ago, TxBuicks said:

I have talked to the post office about this numerous times.  Apparently, they have gotten more strict about the names on the PO Box.  The names have to match exactly.  For instance, if I had the PO Box listed as 'Buick Club of America National Meet' and someone sent in a registration with 'BCA National Meet', they were being rejected.  I had to come up with a dozen different names someone could list it on the envelope and had them officially added to the PO Box.  What a hassle.

Yes, you can send it in again, or call me at the number at the bottom of the form and I will register you over the phone, if you want.  You do not have to pay the additional $15 late fee.

Must be the local Post Office.  I have had a PO Box for my store for at least 5 years and I still get mail from the previous user and a lot of other stuff.  Go figure.

• Like 1

I have used this same PO Box 467 for over 10 years. I ONLY use it for BCA National Meet registrations.  To my knowledge, I have NEVER had anything returned until this year.  I don't know what or who is screwing this up, but I have a list of envelopes with various names that WERE received to show them the variations in the name.  I'd like to find the exact person that rejected the ones this year and talk to them directly, but that will never happen.

• Like 1

Back when the Post Office was what it used to be, in the earlier 1980s, our local Delco Radio Warranty Station owner was talking to a lady in Kokomo (at the Delco Radio plant) and she asked where he was located.  He replied "Cowtown, TX".  She laughed and asked again. Same answer.  "If I send you something to your address in that town, will it get there?"  "Yes".  And . . . . a few days later it was delivered to his business in Fort Worth, TX.  Same time it would have been if addressed normally.  NO special markings on the envelope, either.

I remember seeing some personal ads with "the Reply To" as "Boxholder" rather than a person's name.

At my home address, I still get mail addressed to another club I'm in, no other name, but with the correct address, every so often.  Might POBox holders receiving extra scrutiny?

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467

Hopefully there will be no more rejections on this PO Box.  I talked to the back-office supervisor yesterday and asked him no to reject anything addressed to that PO Box.  I've used it for over 10 years exclusively for BCA National Meets so I don't get a lot of wrong mailings.  And, if I do, I turn them in.