Rat Rod that didn't hurt even a rat

JFranklin

4 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

Austin Healey Sprite

Yeah, but it better not be a bugeye. At first I was thinking maybe just a fiat 1500 '65 spider based on the rear fender, but then I saw the windshield and I thought Sprite.

I do not know the British sports cars well at all. I went to buy a '69 Alfa parts car from a guy a while back and he had at least a dozen British cars parked in his field including at least 2 Bugeye. If I were more of a hoarder instead of just a modest hoarder I would have brought one of them home as well.

10 hours ago, capngrog said:

According to the Craigslist 'listing' it's an MGB body ...

The listing:  https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/6156484886.html

Cheers,

Grog

With those flat sides it is definitely not an MGB. The sides bow out on the MGB.

MGB.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

I agree with mike 6024 and emjay in that the body of this rat rod is an Austin/MG Spridget and not an MGB.  As Restorer32 says: "Windshield isn't MGB".  I noticed that the cowl of the MGB is essentially flat (very little camber) from-side-to-side, whereas the Spridgets" cowl has noticeable side-to-side camber ...  as does the cowl area of the rat rod.  As emjay observed, the seating arrangement must have all the comfort of a "Bucket T" hot rod.

Cheers,

Grog

1963 M.G. Midget (6322636050).jpg

Definitely. This is a MK I Midget. The yellow one I posted above is a MK II. Has that part of the body that goes inward near the top rear of the door.

I like the green MK II Sprite, and if I didn't already have an Alfa, might want one. But wouldn't fit in it, an Alfa has much more leg room.