nick8086

Post a picture of your father or grandfathers car..

16 hours ago, GARY F said:

Nice story and good looking dodge.

Thank You,

Dad died a couple of years ago at 97.

He walked 18 holes twice a week until he was in his 80s when the club made the old guys use carts. He kind of lost interest in golf after that. He told me his swing was gone.

I hope to be that lucky. Just don't want to loose my swing. I don't golf.

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)
  • Like 4

The man on right was like a grandfather to me.

I guess this T had a habit of overheating due to it's nickname.

IMG_0240.JPG

• Like 3

Here are a few pictures of my Father working on his 1931 Packard  (which I inherited from him in 1996 and still own to today) around 1989 after purchasing it from my great Uncle Al  

20170704_121810.jpg

20170704_121732.jpg

20170704_121331.jpg

• Like 3

Grandfather's Cadillac.  Crack in windshield caused by me following grandmother's 1946 allision with a utility pole.

DSC_0111.JPG

On ‎04‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:25 AM, Pilgrim65 said:

Big car,big family,wow! Great picture

Today, it would be am 8-passenger MINIvan!!

Craig

On ‎4‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 2:41 AM, JamesBulldogMiller55Buick said:

these cars should've been in a hill climb contest

i think the roadster is a Belgian Metalurgique.

1-Swap-Playing-Card-Vintage-Woolworths-Car.jpg

Here's a pic of my parents' '55 ('56?) Ford parked in our driveway in Waukegan, IL in 1960. I'm the 8 year old in the upper right. They traded it soon after for a Buick wagon which came in handy when two more kids arrived.... :)

PICT0008.JPG

I have come back to this thread today and enjoy seeing the family cars and stories you have shared.

I've posted my Dad's cars earlier in this thread but have to post this car of his.

He bought a 1928 Whippet as a project from a car club member after having changed hands several times to get it to this.

Mom thought he was nuts!

1875166401_1928Whippet-dayofPurchase.thumb.jpg.4c7092dcf29f2d7ed1f22a82254e9d8a.jpg

It was his attempt at an amateur restoration and took him all of 28 years to finish it but did get to enjoy driving her till his eyesight failed.

2079926233_1928Whippet-restorationprogresspic3-1992.thumb.jpg.eca267f07de2a27741b65393e8075aeb.jpg

426830960_YpsilantiOrphanCarShow2011-pic1.thumb.JPG.5887ebd2ae554dd09cfed2d6bc29b5fd.JPG

I still have the car, wish I could still have Dad...

• Like 4

Dads first new car. The whitewalls must be new, previous photos of the car are all black walls. 6 cyl. 3 speed.

Mark

4B8B8777-2104-404E-B663-249A122FEAAC.jpeg

Edited by Mark I (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Never met either of my grandfathers and piss ant left us six kids when I was 10 so there's that...  

Hence the blank photo (no photos at all) but I'm enjoying seeing everyone else's family photos as it gives me hope for me and my son who is now 34 and as I hope to be a grandfather soon. After 34 going on 35 great years now with my wife and having two kids I've done what my ole man never had the balls to do (be a family....) 👍

Enjoying everyone's photos. Good stuff guys keep them coming 😀

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2017 at 4:30 AM, hwellens said:

My Grandfather and Grandmother with 6 of their 8 children. Picture taken in Washington DC in their REO in the late teens.

REO (2).JPG

What a great photo Harry, thanks for sharing it. Love the clarity and setting,... (you don't see many like this).

Something tells me the two rascals in the back seat on the left loved to scrap... I noticed the one boy in the middle has a shiner. 
Which one is your parent in the photo ? 

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 1

A picture of my dad's # 89 race car at his service station in Manhasset, NY. I just noticed an interesting convertible just behind it, any ideas on what that may be?

He kept racing until my mom gave him the choice of racing or her, it worked out okay.

Dave

doc's # 89.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave39MD said:

I just noticed an interesting convertible just behind it, any ideas on what that may be?

Packard.

4 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

What a great photo Harry, thanks for sharing it. Love the clarity and setting,... (you don't see many like this).

Something tells me the two rascals in the back seat on the left loved to scrap... I noticed the one boy in the middle has a shiner. 
Which one is your parent in the photo ? 

My mother was not born yet; missed the photo

Edited by hwellens (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Only one of my grandparents even drove - and that wasn't until the 30s when he was in his 40s. However, this is my great uncle, my grandmother's brother. I think the car is a Hudson. He was the chauffeur for a well to do New London Family who had a Model 48 Locomobile. They bought this so he could use it to run errands etc.

152013891_UncleBob.thumb.jpg.9a8fa5d753984f2b06b8e851db96c33e.jpg

• Like 3

The first photo is the only one I have of the 1917 Studebaker Six that my grandparents owned in the 1920s.

The next one was taken about 1942 and is the 1924 Studebaker Big Six they owned through the late 1930s and through the war years. The woman holding the slate is my grandmother, born 1890.

17 Stude at Waipapa Bay c 27.JPG

old pics 3a - Copy (4) (1024x832).jpg

• Like 3

The next car my grandparents bought was a 1934 Buick Series 40 with sedan body by GM Holdens, bought from friends who had recently brought it with them from Australia.

This one was taken at my grandmother's father's funeral in 1950.

old pics 4 (1024x663).jpg

• Like 1

This one predates the car. The two children are my uncle - now still alive and well at 97, and my late aunt. My father had not yet been born. The date would be about 1926. The man driving the dray was a neighbour, George Ashby, who worked for my great grand parents for some time. I have an idea that horse collar is still hanging in the stable.

old pics 5 (1024x726).jpg

• Like 3

My grandfather James Ash had a ca. 1912 Mitchell when my father was a young boy.  Here's a picture of James, my grandmother Addie, and I think it's my father Ellis in the back seat, probably about 1920-22.  My grandmother never drove a car.  My grandfather drove a Rickenbacker at some point; it even had small flower vases in the back seat according to my grandmother.  Much later, they had a 1937 Plymouth that they sold to my father in 1947 so that we could move from Seattle to Baltimore.  I have some memories of riding in the back seat of the '37 Plymouth on that trip, squeezed in there with my older sister and younger brother.  There was a little fan on top of the dash as a defroster.  Some days, my 18-month old brother rode in one of those kiddie seats that hung over the top of the front seat, so I got a little more room.  Eventually, the '37 got traded on a 1950 Plymouth.

James&Addie_Ash_ca 1912_Mitchell_car .png

JasEAsh_37Ply_ca1948.jpg

• Like 2