nick8086

Post a picture of your father or grandfathers car..

My Grandpa's car...... :) .......auburnseeker indentified it as  a 46-48 Plymouth.

post-135735-0-56294800-1449633382_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

My grandfather that I never met owned a 1974 Lincoln Continental Mark IV, a car that definitely fit for him, he gave off that kingpin persona. Don't have any photos of it, though but i believe it was black. Looked nice, too bad it went to one of my older  cousins, since he was the only one in my extended family that actually appreciated the car. 

lincoln-mark-iv-1974-1.jpg (not my grandfather's car, just an image I put for reference)

Edited by Turismo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

My avtar shows my Grandpa's car in 1947.  The three photos are the same car in 1960, 1970 and 2007.

1960.jpg

1970.jpg

2007.jpg

• Like 7

Ok here's a thew pictures of my Great Great Grandfathers cars one is a 1920's Citroen the next is apparently a Overland Whippet 6 and the big roadster some people say is a Austro-Daimler but I'm not sure, any ideas? He was a wealthy doctor in Sydney Australia apperently loved cars but was not the best driver

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

Here are a few of my Dad's cars.

His first car with some friends.

5932a755ca201_AbsModelT(CuddleBuggy)Story-2011-Copy.thumb.jpg.943f2b5b451034ddccd38c3fe88f0133.jpg

A later upgrade.

5932a78d1bb77_1930HupmobileCentury6-Copy.thumb.jpg.546be23bdd25d13d486752a3f94941c4.jpg

And another of his early ones.

5932a7dc570f2_1941Ford-Copy.thumb.jpg.06172c30354872809f10cfd35161d373.jpg

RIP Dad.

(May 1, 1924 to March 25, 2017)

• Like 6

I am going with a customer/slash friend today, to go see "Kenny" also a friend, to get a part for the fist guy.  Kenny is around 70 and still has his fathers first new car, a 23 Dodge sedan, and Kenny's son lives next door, so the Dodge is actually a "grandfathers car"  LOL

The Dodge had the back half removed around WW2, to use at the farm as a truck, and maybe get better gas rationing during the war? IDK.

Old yankees never threw anything away, so Gramps put the rear body in the barn.  Kenny sent the car and rear body out to be rejoined and then restored in the 70s.  Kenny must have always been a Dodge guy from the start, and Kenny's son is as well, as since his young age of 15, he has put together a large collection of Dodge muscle cars including several Hemi muscle cars!

My camera or maybe my laptop is not allowing me to get pics today, but maybe the guy I am bringing there late today can take a cell pic of the 23 with his phone and email it to me to share here.  Kenny has dozens of early Dodges, and every body style made, incl a early 20s mint 8,000 mile woodie..  Also is selling a basket case 26 Dodge panel he told me of last night, I told Kenny that this young guy will likely be wanting it too, and sure enough, when I called that guy last night to set the trip up, he said "actually I have been wanting a panel and a wagon"....he, he.  "Pics at 11" as they say on TV news.  LOL

• Like 1

Would really like to ,but alas never saw either of my grandfathers cars , don't think they had one, my Dad passed away suddenly in 67 when I was 21 , left his light blue ford angia , slopping window model , but unfortunately mum and I had no money so sold to pay for funeral

think I saw a picture of it once and another of his first car a 1932 ford 8 , but mum also gone now and the whereabouts of her photos not know.

sorry for the dismal post , but life's like that sometime .

hope my girls keep a photo of me and my Buick ?

Cheers

pilgrim

• Like 2

This photo was taken at my grandfather's funeral in 1954.  My dad was a salesman for Kaiser dealership.  His two brothers, my uncles, were mechanics for a Texas Oldsmobile dealer.  I overheard some of the discussion of the merits of both Kaiser and Oldsmobiles of the day.  Irony? That car when I aged a few years, received an engine from a '54 Olds.  Fit the Hydramatic perfectly.  The problem arose when the steering had to be moved to the left about three inches.  It did happen anyway.

53 Kaiser.pdf

I never met either of my grandfathers, both died long before I was born and only one of them even drove. He only owned two cars in his lifetime, the last of which he gave to my uncle to drive to his new posting as a recently commissioned officer just before WWII began. Neither of my parents were interested in cars but, for some reason, I have this photo of my mother's Chrysler New Yorker. It would have been taken around 1965 so it was already a "funny old car" in our neighborhood. I seem to remember my father paid $75 at a local used car lot and it broke down at the first light he came to when driving it home. He was extremely un-mechanical so he walked back to the dealer who sent someone to get it running again (and presumably fixed whatever was wrong).  I remember stitching up a broken seam in the back seat with 40 lb test fishing line.

5932ce80a5486_HellysChrysler.thumb.jpg.4ee06771921455153375d08ae58d05de.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

Here you go....

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Pretty car , don't know what it is, but think the gentleman looks like a seriously important dude!

Thanks guy's for straightening up the photos not sure how I got those facing wrong but I guess it could be to do with the Shingles that I'm trying to recover from. My great great Grandfather was Dr William Studdy. Unfortunatly none of the cars remain with the familly ?

I am told the car is a right hand drive 1907 White Steam Car.  My grandfather never owned this car & was the passenger.  The photo was taken between 1907 & 1909 in San Francisco or Los Angles.  He worked in San Francisco after the 1906 earthquake but would take the train to L.A. to warm up in the summer.  He gave this photo to my grandmother when they were dating about 1909.  She was an old maid school teacher in Winslow AZ and spent her summers in Anaheim and Sundays at Long Beach.   He was a tall man at 6'6" and about 26, then again my grandmother was 5'9" and 3 years older.  He was raised near Green Bay, Wi and she was from near Pittsburgh, PA. 

Francisco3 (2014_01_17 21_47_19 UTC).jpg

Edited by huptoy (see edit history)
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, huptoy said:

I am told the car is a right hand drive 1907 White Steam Car.  My grandfather never owned this car & was the passenger.  The photo was taken between 1907 & 1909 in San Francisco or Los Angles.  He worked in San Francisco after the 1906 earthquake but would take the train to L.A. to warm up in the summer.  He gave this photo to my grandmother when they were dating about 1909.  She was an old maid school teacher in Winslow AZ and spent her summers in Anaheim and Sundays at Long Beach.   He was a tall man at 6'6" and about 26, then again my grandmother was 5'9" and 3 years older.  He was raised near Green Bay, Wi and she was from near Pittsburgh, PA. 

Francisco3 (2014_01_17 21_47_19 UTC).jpg

Correct. It is a White steamer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vintageben said:

Thanks guy's for straightening up the photos not sure how I got those facing wrong but I guess it could be to do with the Shingles that I'm trying to recover from. My great great Grandfather was Dr William Studdy. Unfortunatly none of the cars remain with the familly ?

Oh, MAN! I was suicidal when I had shingles. All the best to you getting better REAL soon.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Vintageben said:

Ok here's a thew pictures of my Great Great Grandfathers cars one is a 1920's Citroen the next is apparently a Overland Whippet 6 and the big roadster some people say is a Austro-Daimler but I'm not sure, any ideas? He was a wealthy doctor in Sydney Australia apperently loved cars but was not the best driver

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

these cars should've been in a hill climb contest

This is a photo of my Great-Grandfather's car in front of the vacant lot. He's the man holding the bundle in front of his company, City Laundry, in Akron, Ohio. I posted this a while back and I believe it was guessed to be a Cadillac but there wasn't general agreement on that.

City Laundry.jpeg

• Like 3

Back in the 1920s my grandfather was a trucker, hauling fruit up and down the steep hills of Kaleden, B.C. to the local packing house.  He bought this 1927 International, which hauled more apples than ever, but he would have been better off with a 1928 model - the year they introduced 4 wheel brakes.

In the second picture he is seated in the back of his  1962 Vauxhall Velox.  He was in his 70s when he bought this car and drove until he was nearly 100.

1927-International.jpg

img114a.jpg

• Like 3

Here is my Grandfather with his last car in 1960, and my Mom standing beside my Dad's first car (very used when they bought it in 1952.)

grandads last car.jpg

Mom in 1952 with 1st car.jpg

• Like 2