casting I.D. 396021F

I bought an olds long block and am having trouble finding out about the motor.When purchased it was listed as a 455. I wish to verify this as i have put it in a 1984 cutlass body with a stage 2 thm-400.I wish to race pro-street and need advice on rear ends,3.73/3.55/3.56?,intake+carb,and wether or not I can use a 68-390hp cam duplicate for my 455. I want to see Oldsmobile dominate the Pro-street/strip circuit. please- help....casting #396021F<BR>any info on this block is needed.

• 20 years later...

Now WAIT just a minute!! I had bought a 69 Olds Cutlass with a 455 W-30 and its casting numbers were 396021F.  The "F" stands for FORGED, as in Forged Crank, Rods and the Block! It has no HP Rating (as in NUMBERS). This Big Block with the Power Glide 2 speed and a welded up rear end (locked posi-track) Took the LIFE out of its previous owner and all his friends when I Pulled a wheel stand about 5ft. long and kept the lead on him and his Road Runner with the 440 six pack!! It was AWSOME!! He later came to me and said he wanted to redeem himself as one of his carbs was out of tune!! He then had the nerve to show up with his TUNNLE RAM w/2 Holly 750 dp/df on this 440. Had he redeemed himself?? HELL NO!!