auburnseeker

I think he paid too much and has grandeur of what it's worth!

1 hour ago, joe_padavano said:

This is one of my biggest peeves.  I KNOW the history of the cars I'm looking for.  I don't need a lengthy page copied from some website that may or may not be correct.  I also don't need 200 photos, taken at every five degree angle around the car. :rolleyes:

Tell me what's WRONG with it.  Show me the common rust areas. Spare me the BS.  I do find that price is directly proportional to length of the prose in the ad, however. 

It is hilarious, as if using as much copy as possible will suck a buyer into the "grandeur".  Auction companies and dealers both do the lengthy (and often slightly wrong) history lesson too, as if a casual buyer will say to themselves "...gee, here I sit with $50,000 cash dying to buy an old car but I know nothing about them.  Such an exciting description makes me ready to throw it all at this one even though it is rusty and needs everything, how lucky I spotted this ad...."  I don't think so, Todd C  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, poci1957 said:

It is hilarious, as if using as much copy as possible will suck a buyer into the "grandeur".  Auction companies and dealers both do the lengthy (and often slightly wrong) history lesson too, as if a casual buyer will say to themselves "...gee, here I sit with $50,000 cash dying to buy an old car but I know nothing about them.  Such an exciting description makes me ready to throw it all at this one even though it is rusty and needs everything, how lucky I spotted this ad...."  I don't think so, Todd C  

I wholeheartedly agree with this, but we can't act like these tactics HAVEN'T worked for generations of the car market. Shame to see the naive suckered in. 

• Like 1

I am the total opposite of the kinds discussed above.

When I sell something I make it a point to spell out every deficiency of which I am aware.

I've sold a fair amount of tractors over the years but only three cars.

Not that I would anyway but the internet can make you or break you real fast and I have been a victim.

Let's just say the ones who misrepresented their goods to me didn't get a pass. 

Filling in several, well chosen, acquaintances is all it takes because it's a small small world.

Nobody will EVER be able to come back at me about how I screwed them since I've already done it to myself because I like to sleep at night....... :D

These words from former FBI director Robert Mueller fit well here:

“If you have integrity, nothing else matters, and if you do not have integrity, nothing else matters.”

• Like 1

His job at the rodeo must have been shoveling the manure.  Not very good at that, but he uses a lot of it.  

• Like 1

Another example of to much time watching Barett Jackson !! No way would I buy any car from the northeast!!!

3 hours ago, boojoe said:

Another example of to much time watching Barett Jackson !! No way would I buy any car from the northeast!!!

Actually there are alot of really nice old cars in the East,.  Some were just never used in the winter and stored away,  often in a heated garage out of the sun,  the rest we imported from all the good dry states.  It's not uncommon to find a car in the Northeast with CA lineage.   If you live in the east,  saves 2500 in shipping fees to find one already on this coast.