Side mount tire brackets and clamps

Guest rkp5555

Guest rkp5555

I am looking for brackets and clamps for side mount spare tires for my 1928 Stutz. I have the lower clamps but am missing the upper clamps and brackets. Does anyone know of a source?  I would think these would cross car manufacturers. 

Thanks 

Bob Parker

Guest rkp5555

Here is a photo of the type of tire clamp I am seeking.  I'm looking for a pair. Zoom in to see side mount tire clamp. I do not have a closeup of the mounting brackets. They are not specific to Stutz but would have been used across car manufacturers.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks 

IMG_1644.JPG

3 minutes ago, rkp5555 said:

Any help

The shame is that there are likely some out there on a shelf or in a barn and not owned by car people.

If you had better pics of the round rod hiding behind tire, perhaps some resto shop owner here could make them.  That outer plate is easy for a fab shop.  But I realize the brackets we cannot see,, might be many, or harder to make

11 hours ago, keiser31 said:

These may help a little bit....

It does.......Well, that confirms my thoughts earlier, that the system is not just a simple rod, it is quite unusually, very complex.  This would be a much more difficult task to make the many pieces by just using clearer photos alone.  But at the end of the day, we sometimes are forced down that path if no other options become available.

Guest rkp5555

Your pictures help. I think we can fabricate the brackets that attach to the cowl posts but I would like to find the tire clamps. Thanks