1941 kick down

the kick down on my 41 windsor is not working,i think the problem is electrical as i have replace every switch relay solenoid!The gearbox itself works perfectly ,only the kick down doesn't.I wonder if i have the wiring slightly wrong ,the wiring to the carb is my next task ,can anyone advise re the carb wiring please?

hi

i have both the 40 and the 41 shop manual but the instructions are no where near as clear as the Motors manual! Thank you very much for this pages!I will investigate this weekend ,seems it can only be the wiring as i have replaced EVERYTHING else!Its odd as in every other respect the vacumatic works perfectly ,shifting up and down exactly as it should. Only the flooring of the accelerator in fourth does nothing and it should shift down to third.

Here is what the KD switch looks like that's in your carter 1BBL carb...sometimes they are assembled wrong or the contacts are dirty ... or the spring tension   is wrong.

Use a ohm meter to test it.... one lead to the screw terminal the other lead to ground... or a test light hooked up the same way. Push the brass plunger in and out see what ya got!

Assembly_order_of_C48_kickdown_carb.jpg

Carter M-5 Carb Chrysler.JPG

Edited by c49er (see edit history)