Tire Cover mystery

aacalifeer

Looking at this I thought the clamp nuts would be an identifier.  Then I started wondering could it be for a continental kit, No it is not.  The tire must be a tall tire due to the size.  Any ideas ?  I have had this to several swap meets with no ID.  It is too good for the scrap yard.  But, it is too big to haul around.  If a friend would take to Hershey it might sell there.........

Looking at this I thought the clamp nuts would be an identifier.  Then I started wondering could it be for a continental kit, No it is not.  The tire must be a tall tire due to the size.  Any ideas ?  I have had this to several swap meets with no ID.  It is too good for the scrap yard.  But, it is too big to haul around.  If a friend would take to Hershey it might sell there.........

Bottom line, I havn't come up with ID.  Thought I'd spot it in "Crestline book of 1930-1942 American Cars"...no!

It's a nicely made factory production piece w/what appears to be orig. paint. 

Pics blow up nice; one clamp says "618  RH".......,thinking American or at least British, (but not RR.)

After looking at many fender mount covers yours is the only one that appears to flare outward towards center.

Also, I did not see any with that type dual chrome/clamp arrangement.  Rear cover seems still possible.