Clutch for 33 Chrysler CT Royal 8 question

I have a serious shudder taking off in first gear, so I assume the clutch needs to be replaced and the flywheel machined. Does anyone know the diameter of this clutch and what year range it fits? There are a couple sets on ebay with a 9.25" diameter. Is a 6cyl. different than an 8cyl?  Thanks, John Walker seattle, 206 789 6800 jwworkshop ataoldotcom

Edited by john walker's workshop (see edit history)

How much free play in the pedal? Does the clutch slip? How are the motor mounts? Bad motor mounts can cause clutch shudder and so can oil on the clutch plate.

Typical sign of a worn out clutch is that it doesn't take up until the top of the pedal stroke and it slips in low gear on hills or hard acceleration.

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)

I'm familiar with worn clutches. No slip, no sign of oil around the disc. engine mounts are good. There's a quarter elliptic leaf spring under the trans, over to the frame to keep the engine from torquing sideways. Maybe that needs to be snugged up. Engagement point is adjustable of course. So what years/models/brands have the same clutch assembly and do the 6 and 8s use the same assembly, and where to get it for the best price and quality? 

Edited by john walker's workshop (see edit history)

Greetings,

I would suggest getting your clutch rebuilt. That way you know you are getting the right parts. We have a guy here in Minnesota that rebuilds clutches very reasonably. He did a 36 Airflow for one of our club members and it was great. The name of his company is "The Clutch Doctor," in North Branch, MN. Also will resurface your flywheel. Good luck,

Greg