Douglas G. Brown

Easton Mass Falcons hot rod plaque

I found this plaque in a box lot at an auction in Burnham, Maine. It is about 5 1/4 by 9 3/4 inches, and weighs just over a pound. Anybody out there remember this club?

Falcons hot rod club Easton Mass..jpg

I used to spend summers in Mass. I never herd of the Easton Falcons. I would loved to have seen their cars.

The club plaques are cool.

In the 1980's the club I belonged to had both jackets and plaques made. I'll post pictures if you would like.

Those 50's car club plaques are very collectible. The Pickers shop in LeClair IA.   have them on the wall, some are labeled NFS. Yours looks like a good one.

11 hours ago, Tom99 said:

I used to spend summers in Mass. I never herd of the Easton Falcons. I would loved to have seen their cars.

The club plaques are cool.

In the 1980's the club I belonged to had both jackets and plaques made. I'll post pictures if you would like.

Sure, post them!

I think my plaque is from the 1950's. It would be interesting to see one from the 1980's

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:52 PM, Douglas G. Brown said:

Sure, post them!

I think my plaque is from the 1950's. It would be interesting to see one from the 1980's

Here is a picture of one of the plaques we had made. Also, my jacket that modeled after the plaque. Our wives had matching pink jackets.

We were an active club starting about 1982, here in the Houston, Texas area. The club seemed to die off in the late 1980's.

Some of the members kept in contact with each other into the early 2000's.

100_2890.thumb.JPG.1a7a9a5aba24965dbab9157fcfe9c202.JPG

100_2891.JPG

These are so awesome, and yes some are collectible, we buy and sell them often. The earlier pieces are best of course, 50's and 60's but later pieces done in the same style can find a home with the right graphics. Like anything else, it's the subject matter that counts, the image, the geographic location (SoCal clubs are worth more than Indiana clubs for example). Neat stuff guys, would love to see the women's jackets too!