Sign in to follow this  
Tom_Overfield

Optimist Plus some

So, I bought the car and started collecting parts, I thought I would need these some day, so they were filed away in the garage in 81, I went to use them this morning,  that ain't happening,  they are so old, one fell apart while it was in the water.  

IMG_0329.JPG

YEAH, me too except it was 1975 and I figured I'd just buy new stuff, and I sold my Edmunds duel intake cause it wasn't

stock, $75.......then I found out you cant just buy L-Z stuff like you could chevys and fords.... and yeah my decals were very fragile---warm water and soak em good----C'mon Tom, your the right age to remember water decals.......

400.jpg

Edited by Mssr. Bwatoe (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Yeah , am am sure on the age thing.  I used decals on all of the models I built , way back when.  When I put the glove box decal in the warm water, took it out, it just broke apart.  Chris Herrel has them now, peel the backing and stick on...ahhhh the new age.

i bet you wish you still that intake, last one I saw several months ago was $1500.00

Tom

Tom,  I still have my Edmunds dual intake.  I want to sell it.   Glenn Lorei

DSpringer,  

The Edmunds intake is still for sale==is there any interest.  Glenn Lorei

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:24 PM, Mssr. Bwatoe said:

YEAH, me too except it was 1975 and I figured I'd just buy new stuff, and I sold my Edmunds duel intake cause it wasn't

stock, $75.......then I found out you cant just buy L-Z stuff like you could chevys and fords.... and yeah my decals were very fragile---warm water and soak em good----C'mon Tom, your the right age to remember water decals.......

400.jpg

WOW Jeff , was that your car as found?  Amazing

Yes, Found it in Hemmings, My dad helped orchestrate it's purchase and delivery. I cut a lot of lawns to buy it, dad and grandpa

were "partners" who helped fund the project in early years.

I got to know Bernie Holland and Ed & Miki Pease and  long time 

favorite Lincoln guys Mr Bob Anderson of Houtzdale fame, whom I pray can make it to the August party at the Museum

and of course James Blanchard and Lincoln Tom Mauder

Aug 11 @ 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Lincoln Motor Car Museum Meet, Day 1 @ Gilmore Car Museum | Hickory Corners | Michigan | United States

Lincoln Motor Car Heritage Museum will host the 5th annual Lincoln Homecoming Meet in Hickory Corners, Michigan.

Lincoln Tom Mauder discovering Francis Imoverstagg 1941 Lincoln Custom 168h3157.jpg