Motor Mounts for an 80 Cutlass

I have a 1980 Cutlass Supreme Coupe that originally had a 231 V-6 in it, I pulled that out and I purchased a 350 for it, out of a 1975 C series Chevy pickup. <P>I am wondering how to mount it, I figured it would be easy to get mounts for the same car, but just for the V-8. But I haven't been able to find them.<P>Does anyone know where I could find some new motor mounts for 1980 Cutlass with a 5.7L V-8? Preferably an online store.<P>Thanks

Ask for mounts for an 80 Cutlass with Chevy 305. You really need to get the motor mount perches from a Chevy-V8 equipped car too to make this swap work with least hassle. You can get 'em from a 78-87 Cutlass, GP or Monte Carlo that originally had a Chevy V8 engine.

Guest Dave Wyatt

When you say 231, I assume you mean the Buick 231. Go to Chevrolet and get the frame pads for a V8 Malibu of the same year. Then go to your local parts store (I like NAPA) and get the motor mounts, again for the V8 Malibu. Be advised, you may need to do some junk yarding and pick up odds and ends. You will also need to relocate the fuel line to the passenger side.<P>I just finished a similar conversion, 85 Cutlass with a 231 to a Olds 307, and wished I had a parts car as a donor. I had to search for many brackets, pulleys, fan shroud and anything else you can imagine to make it right. Your best bet would be to find a ragged out G-body with a chevy V8 as a donor car.<P>Good Luck,