1933 Dodge What??

What is so rare? Was there a company that made a batch of these cars?  How did they fab the windshield post to the body? Who made these? 

Here is what the op says.

Extremely Rare !!!---- less than 30 known to exist 1933 Dodge Roadster---- 6 Cylinder with Rumble Seat Restored Roadster that came out of a High--End collection Original Engine and Wooden Spoke Wheels
Offered here is a 1933 Dodge Roadster with Rumble Seat. You can Find many Pre-War WWII Chevrolet and Ford automobiles for Sale but Dodge's are few and far between. In Fact, of the 1563 Dodge DP-6 Convertibles built between 1932 to 1933 less than 30 are known to exist. in the first 20 Month Production Period the wheelbase of the car was 111 1/4 inches. the last 4 months of production they produced 236 cars with a wheelbase of 115 inches. This 1933 Roadster is the Rarer Model 115 inch Wheelbase which was produced for 4 months in 1933
The Collector spent years searching for this 1933 Roadster. Whenever he found one for sale, it was usually already restored to original condition, with the exception of a very up-to-date price tag ( $30,000-$70,000 ). This Particular Roadster was Found in a Farmers Barn which was 85 % Original to perform a Full Restoration on the Car.

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)

30 minutes ago, countrytravler said:

What is so rare? Was there a company that made a batch of these cars?  How did they fab the windshield post to the body? Who made these? 

Here is what the op says.

Extremely Rare !!!---- less than 30 known to exist 1933 Dodge Roadster---- 6 Cylinder with Rumble Seat Restored Roadster that came out of a High--End collection Original Engine and Wooden Spoke Wheels
Offered here is a 1933 Dodge Roadster with Rumble Seat. You can Find many Pre-War WWII Chevrolet and Ford automobiles for Sale but Dodge's are few and far between. In Fact, of the 1563 Dodge DP-6 Convertibles built between 1932 to 1933 less than 30 are known to exist. in the first 20 Month Production Period the wheelbase of the car was 111 1/4 inches. the last 4 months of production they produced 236 cars with a wheelbase of 115 inches. This 1933 Roadster is the Rarer Model 115 inch Wheelbase which was produced for 4 months in 1933
The Collector spent years searching for this 1933 Roadster. Whenever he found one for sale, it was usually already restored to original condition, with the exception of a very up-to-date price tag ( $30,000-$70,000 ). This Particular Roadster was Found in a Farmers Barn which was 85 % Original to perform a Full Restoration on the Car.

No way is that "original" or "restored".

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

They must be smoking some good grass in Ill.  Why do people think that they can blately lie, stretch the truth or shovel BS in these ads.  If you are going to build a car at least make it look like something from the factory or call it a custom.  There is nothing wrong with building a custom just be honest about it.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2017 at 5:10 PM, Taylormade said:

Okay, a 32 truck - that I'll go along with.

On 5/13/2017 at 9:38 PM, 30DodgePanel said:

Really ? Then what would you suggest it is ...?

My bad.  I jumped to the conclusion that it was being represented as a 32 DL car with a wood body.  You truck guys are obviously the experts in this case.

14 hours ago, Taylormade said:

My bad.  I jumped to the conclusion that it was being represented as a 32 DL car with a wood body.  You truck guys are obviously the experts in this case.

The only reason that I half way knew what it was, the 32 was at the show we had here in CA in 2014. It was the extended show for the Chry 100 year celebration. 

1 hour ago, dc-8dave said:

Hello Silverdome,

The truth is that if you tell a lie enough times people will start to believe it!

Or as my old boss used to say "There is truth and then there's marketing"

• Like 1