66 f250 brakes

Guest Fanofoldtrucks

Guest Fanofoldtrucks

Just bought this truck. 

The brakes are so hard to push. 

Theyre funxtional. Just barely any play.  

Just wondering if this is normal for this

style truck. Any input is appreciated 

IMG_2546.JPG

IMG_2549.JPG

IMG_2556.JPG

And if it does have power brakes before going crazy under the dash where the rod from the pedal goes into the booster

try squirting some pb blaster or something and soak it.  Thats where the actuator valve is and over time that white corrosion

stiffens up the rod making it like pushing mud when  pushing the pedal.  Mine was at the point of seizure needing two feet

to push the pedal down,  then waiting for a slow slow return of the pedal.  This is not a defect or engineering defect, its just

a period of time thing.  You have a nice truck maybe go thru the whole thing as mentioned  Napa has all you need.....

4 hours ago, GK1918 said:

And if it does have power brakes before going crazy under the dash where the rod from the pedal goes into the booster

try squirting some pb blaster or something and soak it.  Thats where the actuator valve is and over time that white corrosion

stiffens up the rod making it like pushing mud when  pushing the pedal.  Mine was at the point of seizure needing two feet

to push the pedal down,  then waiting for a slow slow return of the pedal.  This is not a defect or engineering defect, its just

a period of time thing.  You have a nice truck maybe go thru the whole thing as mentioned  Napa has all you need.....

I agree on doing a complete brake job including master cylinder, rubber hoses, & wheel cylinders.