Saw this Lincoln and Corvair yesterday....

keiser31

8 minutes ago, zipdang said:

Please tell me that isn't a factory color on that Lincoln!

I'm pretty certain it isn't a factory color. I don't see that color on the chip chart from the AutoColor Library charts.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Corvairs typically have few rust issues unless totally exposed to an area known for rust.  Typically the prone rust areas are the headlight buckets and around the front windshield. Corvairs are actually a lto fo bang for the buck if you get a nice one - and they are a blast to drive being rear engine.

Bob

• Like 2

The Lincoln is a 42.  The bumpers and no driving lights prove it.  I would guess that it is Grotto Blue but the camera changes the shade.  I had a Sheldon gray 42 that looked different on different film photos.  Looks like a very nice rare LC one of 200 built in 41 42 production for coupes.

Having grown up in New England where a heavy coating of salt was Dumped on every snow flurry I remember the damage done to cars... I do remember a kid in high school that was trying to stuff a Corvair engine into a VW Thing but I can't remember if he ever had it running.

That's a 69 Corvair. What is the VIN? Only 6000 made that year, and #6000 has not been seen since the photo op as the last car produced. 5999 is owned by the Corvair Preservation Foundation and in a museum. 5997 was the last convertible produced (out of 521) and was here in Virginia for a while, now in Detroit area.