Brandon Todd

364 4bbl Intake and Carb

13 minutes ago, Brandon Todd said:

Well gents, did I do good for $100?

20170515_132053.jpg

?

A good media blast and make sure the mounting surfaces are absolutely flat and you'll be a happy camper.

• Like 1

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Are you still in need of Nailhead parts? I just got a 1958 Buick Super that has the 300hp 364 4bbl in it. All original. I'm either going to part the car out or sell it complete. It's rough but has some really good parts on it. 

20181207_131553.jpg

20181207_131539.jpg

Edited by Quinton Walls
To show pictures (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I'm hoping to finally get my car home on Friday. Mine is a 58 Super 4dr. I will have a complete  364 4bbl engine, transmission, lots of trim, seats, windows, and other parts. I'm not looking to get rich of this car or the parts. EXAMPLE: If the part you want is valued at $100 + shipping then I would prefer you not have more than the $100 in the part shipping included. Or I will sell the car whole. I do not have a title. 

5 hours ago, Quinton Walls said:

I'm hoping to finally get my car home on Friday. Mine is a 58 Super 4dr. I will have a complete  364 4bbl engine, transmission, lots of trim, seats, windows, and other parts. I'm not looking to get rich of this car or the parts. EXAMPLE: If the part you want is valued at $100 + shipping then I would prefer you not have more than the $100 in the part shipping included. Or I will sell the car whole. I do not have a title. 

Can you make a separate post with some pictures to show condition of things, when you get the car?  Where are you located? 

ok.  coupe kid is wrong..... all 57 to 59 364/401 cylinder heads ARE THE SAME. DOES NOT MATTER IF ITS A FOUR BARREL ARE TWO BARREL ENGINE.  yes, the ports are smaller and sloppier for the 2 barrel intake, but the head ports are all the same.   59 is machined for the larger 59 to 66 exhaust valves.  the difference between 59 heads and 60 to 66 is the temp sender outlet thread is pipe instead of straight thread like the early 53 to 59 nailheads.  401/425 intakes DO NOT bolt onto a 364.  364 has shorter deck height, therefore the intake is narrower.  had to log on here and set things straight due to excessive phone calls at the shop regarding wrong information people are reading on this thread.

On 5/9/2017 at 12:00 PM, coupekid said:

Brandon, ...Russ, said 1173313 will fit & i agree that it will fit ...but the ports are different sizes   !!!   I showed you pic of  the under side of  the 4BBL 1173313 manifold you seek & what Russ, has informed you to buy   here is pic of that manifold top with part # Russ, asked you that would fit ..... under this pic is a pic of the top of the 2BBL  manifold you have on your car right now  with  part # 1173878   go check your manifold on your car & you will see  you have this part #  1173878 on your manifold .      then go back & look at the pics of both manifolds underneath on bottom of page 1 ....there is a major difference in port sizes.... this Russ, guy is about to get you burnt my friend ..when you take your 2bbl manifold off  measure the  inlets ...then when you speak with a seller with 4bbl 1173313 manifold ask them to provide measurement of inlet ports on that manifold...there will be significant difference   !      ask Russ   ..whats the difference between a 364ci in a Special & a 364ci in a Super or Roadmaster ...he will say " there is no difference "    ..then go to your 1957 Buick factory chassis manual under engine specifications  ...4 bbl..intake.jpg

1957 buick 2bbl intake top.jpg

stop listening to this guy!  he knows NOTHING.  the only four barrel stock manifold for the 364 is the 1173313.  the 2 barrel manifolds have smaller and sloppier casted porting.  the CYLINDER HEAD IS THE SAME whether its a 2 barrel or four barrel engine.   is there differences between the cheaper special engines?  of course.  different compression ratios with different pistons, as well as different cam grinds,..  but castings were the same regardless..   all 57 to 66 nailheads use the same exact intake gasket.  THERE IS NO FACTORY LISTING FOR A SEPERATE INTAKE GASKET for two barrel engines.   notice coupe kid isnt showing anyone pictures of the cylinder head porting,  ONLY PICTURES OF THE INTAKES.  theres only one cylinder head casting number for 57 and 58.  "1172889"   factory buick parts book shows one cylinder head for 57 and 58, as well.  the 364 uses a narrower intake because deck height is shorter.  this clown has never even torn one of these engines down

Edited by nailhead matt
typo (see edit history)

heres an 364 original 2 barrel cylinder head on my personal '57 engine.  take note how it uses the exact same intake gasket as the late model 401 i'm about to install it on.  BTW we are centerville auto repair.  call us with any questions.  530 272 1564.  

364 intake gasket.jpg

Hello everyone!

I do appreciate everyones input, it really does help a lot and i value your time and knowledge. 

I bought the 4bbl intake back in 2017 and have had it sitting on a shelf since! I found one in a California junkyard and paid about $50 shipped. Im going to slap it in the ol 364 one day and see how it does.

• Like 1

to discredit coupe kid even further.  above, is a picture of a 364 manifold on a 401 engine.  take note, the intake is too narrow for it, dispite the total BS coupe kid is spreading.   take note, the 364, 401, and 425 all use the same intake gasket.  obviously the 364 intake is narrower because the deck height is shorter.  

Edited by nailhead matt
typo (see edit history)