Go Figure

Ryan Q

I've had my Lincoln for close to 8 years and for almost the entire time I've been meaning to contact the Henry Ford museum to get the original build card/info.  A few weeks ago I finally filled out the paperwork, wrote the check and sent it off to Michigan.

Today I received a photocopy of the build card.  My '47 Continental Cabrio is currently black with tan top, and red interior.  It seems my car left the factory steel grey, with a black top, and blue leather interior.  Ahh well a few more large to-do's added to my long term to-do list.  (Not that I don't like the current color scheme, but silver with blue leather just sounds darn sporty.) 

I also contacted "The Henry Ford"  and received a copy of the build sheet for my '48 LC Coupe ,no surprises; black  w/

red broadcloth and leather interior. This is just as I bought it. I hope to change paint to a real dark blue. BUT !  did they  note

where your car was shipped? My car was shipped  to "Mahoney/ Foy" ? I have done a lot of research and cannot find out

where this is. Trying to chase ownership from then up to when I bought it

Yes, mine was shipped to J.B. Coffey that appears to have been a Dealership in Lowell MA that has long since folded (I can't find any reference to it after 1948.)  It would nice to have a bit of genealogy on this car too -- mostly I'd like to speak to whoever owned it between what I believe was a 1990's restoration and when it ended up in the Volo Auto Museum's collection to get an idea of how many miles are on this engine.

I found out recently the specifics of where my 38 came from in Newbury MA.  I have what I believe to be transfer document that was drawn up by a local law firm there.  It may have been a local custom there to have a "Bill of Sale of Personal Property" for this type of transaction.  Don't know if this helps or not but who knows?