Share an option or fun Riviera accessory!

Chimera

Oh yeah.  But I wasn't driving mine in the days of the "I can multitask and drive and text at the same time" driver's.  

When she was 16, my younger daughter drove my 63 to summer school.  Many times she'd honk at kids causing them drop their books and scatter.  "That's what they get for walking down the middle of the parking lot" was her reasoning.:lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

Oh yeah.  But I wasn't driving mine in the days of the "I can multitask and drive and text at the same time" driver's. 

Yeah, but you were driving in the days of "I can drive with my knee while I open a beer" drivers.

BTW, I've got another car with an auxiliary air compressor and a set of (IIRC) Greyhound bus horns.  You send 100psi through them and you get people's attention. :lol:

• Like 1

How about the built in feature on the first gens.  you can not lock your keys in the car.  You have to use your key to lock the door.  If you push the door lock down and shut the door it unlocks itself 

Chris I believe that if you push in the outside door handle push button while closing the door with the inside lock button down that it will lock

when you shut the door. That is my recollection anyway.....I never lock the doors on my car.

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, alini said:

How about the built in feature on the first gens.  you can not lock your keys in the car.  You have to use your key to lock the door.  If you push the door lock down and shut the door it unlocks itself 

My car doesn't work like that. :unsure:  You have to hold the button in when you close the door.

17 minutes ago, Seafoam65 said:

Chris I believe that if you push in the outside door handle push button while closing the door with the inside lock button down that it will lock

when you shut the door. That is my recollection anyway.....I never lock the doors on my car.

You are correct.  Isn't  the Riviera a car that you can also start and drive the car without the key.  Just turn the ignition switch to off rather than lock and then the ignition switch can be turned with your thumb and forefinger.  I know that I've had Buicks like this in the past, but not sure which years.  My little brother drove our 50 Special through the garage door because of this feature.  He was "playing like he was driving."  Sat down, turned on the switch, then stepped on the accelerator pedal.  The car was in 1st gear and the starter motor engaged with the accelerator start and the car went through the garage door.  Of course you know who got blamed for not locking the ignition.  Mom took my side but dad swore that he didn't leave it like that (like he always did.)  :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chimera said:

THE SPEED ALERT!!!

Option K3 on the 68 Riviera for $8.42

Got to love that sound...

Speed alert? Is that what it is?

I thought the plant left a Philips shaver in there.

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :blink:

• Like 1

It's the interior lighting that does it for me. It looks like a Christmas tree when opening the door, as all six lights come on!????????????????????????????????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RivNut said:

Isn't  the Riviera a car that you can also start and drive the car without the key.

You bet! I lost my ignition key sometime around 1996. I need to re-key that unlocked switch some time.

Time goes by fast, that was 20 years ago.

Bernie

OK Riviera People:   I played a game in my head while working out. This game really took the sting out of some tough exercising.  I'd take one of my cars...or a car i knew of and would  imagine Just 3 or fewer added options.   I could add to give any particular car the extra something I'd like to see.   BTW,  with First-Gen Rivz....Full tint, a/c and power windows is almost everything.

Example:  A stock 64 Riv. Beige/saddle Custom, power windows, a/c.   What 3 options would i add?  In this case nothing.

Example:  A stock 65 Riv White/blue, Standard, no power windows, a/c.  I'd just add power windows.

Example:  A 60 Le Sabre 4 door post silver, Power steering, automatic, music-n-heat.  I'd add Full tint, a/c, power brakes

Get the jist?   Mitch

The  Twilight Sentinel,Wonder bar radio foot switch,Ya the buzzer is cool too . The rear center armrest.

Clam shell headlights ..I bought a `64 with almost none of the cool stuff. I happened upon a `63  that had the deluxe interior . I bought it all for $200 (that`s $146 in US funds) I now have Tilt wheel, dual paddle handles,wonder bar radio with foot switch, power seat ,remote drivers  mirror. I couldn`t pass it up. Can`t say I`m all that keen on a purse hook though.;)  Purists may see the changes but what the heck. 

Edited by Scott Mckenzie (see edit history)

8 hours ago, VillaRiviera said:

Here are some my favorite options, not mentioned above...

Reverb

Purse hook

Vacuum trunk release

Cornering lights

Rear seat arm rest

Dinsmore compass, (the angular one).

Turbine wheels

Rear window defroster

This compass is `63 only, very rocket age and seldom seen...except on the dash of Villa Riviera!

Tom

14 hours ago, Chimera said:

Or how about the ruby bejeweled hazard warning flasher accessory?! Thats going in the 66 Riv.

What the?!

Never seen that one. NIce. Need a video of that in action

I don't know about the sticker in the picture, but my 63 had these on it when I bought it back in 82.  The original owner had them "dealer installed."  The Schrader valve is on the top of the tub for the right rear tire.  The little paste on sticker is right beside it. No clue as to how EmTee's is set up.

8 hours ago, PWB said:

What the?!

Never seen that one. NIce. Need a video of that in action

Paul,

These frequently appear on Ebay. There may be one on there now and I recall the price was reasonable compared to others I have seen.

Tom Mooney