RivNut

LED lighting for 1965 Rivieras and later

1 minute ago, Turbinator said:

How do you determine better LEDs?

Buy and try; there are no specs which show low budget design (which is the issue here; the 1157 is a dual-circuit bulb, but they're cutting corners by making some of the individual LEDs do double duty).

I would like to purchase a LED rear tail kit and the mustang site that is suggested cost about $250 for 4 bulbs and a flasher.  Is this about the same cost from other suppliers?  Or is there another way to do it with a different flasher?  I appreciate any suggestions.

1 hour ago, 5632 said:

I appreciate any suggestions.

Keep the stock lights.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, KongaMan said:

Buy and try; there are no specs which show low budget design (which is the issue here; the 1157 is a dual-circuit bulb, but they're cutting corners by making some of the individual LEDs do double duty).

I read about studies regarding specific specifications of LED’s. To date the manufacturers have not concluded what specifications to publish regarding reliability of the LED. The LED’s I’ve put in the cabin of my 63 are performing so I can see better day and night. I’ve switched to the 1157 incandescent bulb in the tail lights and all is well. I thought $3.50 each for an 1157 LED was enough to get a good light. I was wrong.

Turbinator

On 10/13/2019 at 5:22 PM, KongaMan said:

Buy and try is a way to determine what works or does not work. The incandescent 1157’s I reinstalled work fine. Personally, I find it trying to fiddle with a maybe product. A more expensive LED does not sell me on reliability. Using the tried and true is sometimes is good as it is going to be.

On 10/13/2019 at 5:22 PM, KongaMan said:

I spent $20 on four 1157 LED bulbs from that previously mentioned website superbrightLED (I think that was the name of the site)…$22 on an electronic flasher & they look amazing. Cali traffic here I come Haha

E80A7F82-B0FB-4AE8-989D-86BDCB4C8836.thumb.jpeg.87aa94066395be639115e27e06569e31.jpeg

• Like 2

I called superbright today to order and have never spoken to a ruder or smarter acting person.  So I am still looking for another source.

Can anyone confirm the exterior front signal, parking, and rear brake/running lights for a 64?  I’ve looked a few places and get different results at each place.

And while I’m at it, a list for interior replacements?  I know most of the courtesy lights are 90s.

82098165-D3FF-457E-95D3-A038C516859D.png