LED lighting for 1965 Rivieras and later

RivNut

16 hours ago, TKRIV said:

Please note that the LEDs do not dim like incandescent bulbs.

Wonder if there is a way around that.

And depending on your preference you have a choice of Warm White or Cool.

Chart above based on WW.

"RockinriviDad" Dave posted only Wednesday in "Interior Progress This Weekend" a light switch with a reostat that works with LED instrument panel lighting.

No good for me as it appears to work with 1964 light switch connectors and up. I have a '63 Riviera. Also, I don't want my park lights to come on with the headlights.

As mentioned above, Buy 'n Try - only $20:

D59AAB18-18B4-4AE7-BF92-371C224B6662.thumb.jpeg.68da743768650aa211d258d0a4931214.jpeg

On 8/22/2020 at 11:41 AM, XframeFX said:

Also, I don't want my park lights to come on with the headlights.

As mentioned above, Buy 'n Try - only $20

Correct. I bought this switch & ALL positions on this switch work correctly. My parking lights DO NOT stay/turn on with the headlights 

I specifically purchased my LED’s from SuperbrightLED’s because they were advertised as “dimmable”. But once installed they did not dim. Then I read XFrame’s (John’s) post on another thread about the reostat being too old on his switch to dim the LED’s in his instrument cluster. That’s when the light bulb came on (pun intended 😆) & I thought that might be my problem. So I bought a new switch. This isn’t a magic switch. It’s just a brand new switch 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Edited by RockinRiviDad (see edit history)

If you drive a 63 or 64, sooner or later you'll have an experience where an on coming car is going to judge the width of your car by the headlights. There is a lot of sheet metal outside that low beam. Having a parking light lit in the fender is not a bad idea.  There are differences in those housings. I think some are wired to have an amber bulb on in the housing when the headlights are on.  Better safe than sorry IMHO.

Ed

• Like 1

• 4 months later...