hi

I am new to this board but thought someone might be able to help me. I am rstoring a 1964 olds F85. Now it did not come with front or rear seats . But have purchased an interior from a 64 starfire . Now i no the starfire is a bigger car than the f85 . But i am having a problem mounting the seats and brackets . if anyone can help with any kind of modifica6tions and dimentions i would really apriciate it

Best practical advice? If you're restoring the car as original sell the Starfire parts and get the right stuff. It'll be way easier and cheaper in the long run, and the car's value will hold better. You can find the seat frames you need in any 1964-65 GM A-body (Chevelle, Skylark, Tempest, Cutlass) and I think 66-67 will bolt to your existing brackets, though the backrests are different. You can then order a Cutlass upholstery kit to cover them. Several vendors carry these.<P>You're in New England Olds Club's territory. Hook up with them and they should be able to help you find parts you need. E-mail me and I'll give you a contact for them.<P>You're also in Fusick Automotive's backyard. They're in East Windsor and are one of the best known and most reputable Oldsmobile restoration suppliers. <A HREF="http://www.fusick.com" TARGET=_blank>www.fusick.com</A>